Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #1

Georgetown 319TS

Does anyone have a 2006 Georgetown 319TS? Can you tell me how you like it and/or if you've had any major problems? We're looking at purchasing one and really like the floor plan, but haven't heard much about this model.

TIA,

Debby
dkwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

2006 Georgetown Brochure.pdf

This might help you see some of the features of the 2006 Georgetown Line. The 319 info is near the end on page 11.

to the Forums. Hopefully someone with a 319 will tune in. Any other questions please ask away!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #3

Link?

Thanks for the link to the brochure, but unfortunately it would not open.

Debby
Old 08-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Check this link to the brochures I've posted before. Maybe it will open that way. I posted the other from my work computer and that may be the problem.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...res-10709.html

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwalsh View Post
Thanks for the link to the brochure, but unfortunately it would not open.

Debby
Do you have the FREE Acrobat Reader installed on your computer?
The pdf file opened for me.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #6

319 Triple Slide

We have a 2007 319TS we bought last October and really like it! It had 22,000 miles and had never had any service done. We've caught up all the maintenance and have never had any problems whatsoever. The three original batteries were weak, so replaced the engine battery with a comparable battery and replaced the 12V coach batteries with 6V batteries. We replaced the front CRT TV with a flat screen LCD.

We too really like floor-plan!
DaleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #7

DaleC:

I really like the flat screen TV part. Do you have pics?

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #8

319 Triple Slide

Sadly, I don't have pictures. But the next time I visit my coach, it's stored in a RV storage lot, I'll take some pictures and post them. I wanted to put in a 32" LCD, but after doing some measuring, realized I wouldn't be able to open the cabinets if I did so! My next choice was the Hannspree 28" LCD, but the reviews on it were so poor, I decided the extra inch wasn't worth it and went with a 27" Samsung. It's been excellent so far.

A friend, faced with a similar problem after I bought my 27", installed a 32" TV on slides, so if he wants to get in the cabinet above the driver's side, he slides the TV to the right and does the opposite to get in the other cabinet. I like it, but not enough to redo my system!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #9

319ts

Thanks for your reply Dale. It's nice to hear from someone who actually has a 319. I haven't seen that model very often. We did go ahead and buy the 2006 we were looking at it and just got it a couple of weeks ago. We drove it 1,300 miles home from Houston with no problems and have taken it on one trip since. So far, so good. We really like it, although we still have a lot to learn. We're in the process of replacing both TVs. We put in a 26" Vizio in the bedroom by just mounting it on the wood frame that was there and putting hinges on the top so we can swing it open and have the space behind for storage. My husband found a 32" Philips that he thinks will fit the same way, so we'll see. I'll post pictures later if it all works out. Our unit said it had heated tanks, but we can't find any information about what that really means. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks,

Debby
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

You should see a switch near your monitor panel and water heater switch reading Artic Pak. Tank heaters a pads that are attached to the bottom of the tanks and are controlled by an in-line thermostat, providing you have that switch turned on. They are 12 volt and come on when the tempature outside reaches 44 degrees. They are used to keep the contents from freezing. In our case we have pads wrapped around the elbows at each termination for the sewage as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #11

319 Triple Slide

Debby-

From ehow.com:

Some RV's have enclosed holding tanks that are heated by the RV's furnace through heater ducting to the holding tank areas. As long as the furnace runs occasionally, the tanks won't freeze unless it's very cold (below 20F).

Read more: How to Cold Weather Camp in Your RV | eHow.com How to Cold Weather Camp in Your RV | eHow.com

Broadly, heated holding tanks are one of many steps to take if you want to use your coach in a cold weather area. I think I too have heated tanks, but haven't yet used them and have no plans to do so soon. We bought our 319TS in Dallas and drove it home 1500 miles to Southern California. We've been some local trips here in CA, but are planning to head for the East Coast one of these days, but along the I10 where we hope to avoid cold and, especially, snow.

Dale
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #12

Heated Tanks

Thanks for the replies on the heated tanks.

We seem to have a place for a switch on our monitor panel that says "Artic Package", but there is no switch. I assume that means we really DON'T have heated tanks. There is in-floor ducted heat, but we can't tell whether it extends to the tanks or not. Heck, I'm not sure we totally know yet where all the tanks are (LOL). Does anyone know how easy/hard it would be to install?

Lucky for you, Dale, that you live in warm climates. We are in lower Michigan, so it would have been nice to have the heated tank feature as advertised, but the lack of it would not have been a deal-breaker.

We're still working on the TVs and think the 32" up-front is going to work. Will post pictures when down.

Debby
Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #13

Hello Blossomland:

First, if you have a Georgetown, I am surprised you don't have the Arctic Pack. But, I've been surprised before. When I toured the GT factory, I asked how hard it would be to access the grey tank to replace the sensors and was told that with the foam they put underneath, it would be real tough. Just my two cents.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #14

Heated Tanks

Thanks for the information Bill. I tried to see if I could see the tanks from underneath, but couldn't, so I agree that it would probably be hard to replace any sensor. We're just going to have to do some more investigating to see what, if anything, we really have. We live near Elkhart and FR, so I suppose we could probably do a tour and see what information we could get.

Debby
Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #15

319 Triple Slide

Finally was in my coach and took pictures of the 27" Samsung TV installation. The first picture shows both cabinet doors on either side of the TV open. The space between them is 30", so that's what I worked with when choosing a TV. I have a Sansui 32" TV I had planned to put in, but it is 32" wide. The Samsung is 26 1/4" wide, so went with it. The second picture is of the Samsung. It might be possible to find a 32 "TV with a narrower frame that would fit between the cabinet doors. The screen width on my 32" is a shade under 27", so it was the frame around the screen that stymied me. The third picture is with the TV flipped up, showing the arms and how the cabinet is now carpeted. We're pleased with it and enjoy the Samsung over the old 21" CRT that was originally in there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0599.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	20557   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0600.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	20558   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0601.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	20559  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #16

Thanks Dale. Love the carpet. How did you do that?

Debby