Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #1

Question Georgetown 350DSSE

We are currently awaiting approval for our Georgetown 350. Have looked it over and test drove it. Seems to be OK, but, some things are cheap or cheap looking inside, but, compared to most Class A's so is the cost. We are currently residing in a Four Winds 30ft. travel trailer while my wife travel nurses and it is too small for the three (wife, child, myself) of us plus dog so decided to trade up. Hopefully some of the horror stories I have heard about breakdowns and leaks are just the result of a few stray errors at the plant. We will just keep our fingers crossed. Any body out there have a 350 or similar? IF so please tell me how you like it. Also about what is the MPG with the Triton V-10?

Thanks Much,
Charles
gcha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #2

Hello,

We have a Georgetown 391, it is a gas pusher on the Workhorse chassis. So far we have not had any big problems. Of course there are the common ones, loose fittings, kitchen faucet had hot hooked up to cold, sink traps loose and leaking. Small things when you look at the big picture. Just fix the small things yourself, because when you take it to the dealer they will screw up other things while fixing the things you took it in for.

We are very happy with our Forest River unit so far.

Craig

Craig & Shirely
2008 Georgetown 391
"Gas Pusher"
Daughter- Alyssa
Pup- Sabrina
C&SAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Global DR Planner

Location: Where ever the work takes me - Home State: tennessee
Talking I just purchased a 08 Georgetown 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcha123 View Post
We are currently awaiting approval for our Georgetown 350. Have looked it over and test drove it. Seems to be OK, but, some things are cheap or cheap looking inside, but, compared to most Class A's so is the cost. We are currently residing in a Four Winds 30ft. travel trailer while my wife travel nurses and it is too small for the three (wife, child, myself) of us plus dog so decided to trade up. Hopefully some of the horror stories I have heard about breakdowns and leaks are just the result of a few stray errors at the plant. We will just keep our fingers crossed. Any body out there have a 350 or similar? IF so please tell me how you like it. Also about what is the MPG with the Triton V-10?

Thanks Much,
Charles
What looks cheap, just very curious? I will start loading mine out around the end of next month and then the wife, Rosie (carien terrier / mircat?) and I will be living in it full time.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #4

Smile 2008 Georgetown 350 TSSE

We just bought a 2008 Georgetown 350 TSSE with bunkhouse in June. Our maiden voyage was a 3500 mile trip from Omaha down to Phoenix back up through Vegas, Utah and Colorado in 12 day's. I would highly recommend this coach to anyone. We had an experience going to the West rim of the Grand Canyon, there is a 14 mile stretch of just terrible off-road (washboard) road. So the total 28 miles was pretty hard on our new RV. My wife held the front flat screen because is was shaking so bad. Some of the wood for the kitchen dinette came loose and some basement dividers that were screwed in with drywall screws came loose. We got her all cleaned up in Vegas and she's running good. Some of my notes for you prospective buyers: The new Ford F35 chassis is AWESOME! The turning ratio is a dream to drive and manuever. I was not having any problems keeping up or (hanging) with diesel pushers and Semi's through the mountains, the power of the new V-10's are great. Because we mostly drove during the daytime, we ran our generator while driving (SO HOT in NM, AZ and NV). Using premium gas we averaged 8.5 mpg, I think I would have done 10 if we would have just drivin with the front AC. I also was not going 60, we did 65 to 70. I cannot believe the ammenities and features you get with this coach. My POSITIVES: drives awesome, 22.5 wheels, fast and easy dumping, remote electric awning, auto leveling, 3 slides, good appliances, pretty good fit and finish, very modern looking and nice colors, leatherette seating, flat screen tv's and surround sound w/sub. Things you dont notice till you get her out in use are: My NEGATIVES: (1) The foldout coach come right up to the kitchen cabinet, hard to get over to get out front door while someone is sleeping. (2) The front chair is positioned to close to the passenger front seat. (3) The bunks are a bit to small for an adult to sleep comfortably(For kids only). (4) The front A/C doesn't blow cold enough for my taste. (5) The engine downshifts 2 gears when on cruise (going up hills), no bypass. Not a bad negative list for all considered. I love this rig, if you cant tell, I highly recommend it! If you're looking to buy a new one, as we did, I would tell you to offer 35% off sticker, if they say they wont take it, keep pushing or find someone that will. JRG
Johnny Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #5

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Gomez View Post
We just bought a 2008 Georgetown 350 TSSE with bunkhouse in June. Our maiden voyage was a 3500 mile trip from Omaha down to Phoenix back up through Vegas, Utah and Colorado in 12 day's. I would highly recommend this coach to anyone. We had an experience going to the West rim of the Grand Canyon, there is a 14 mile stretch of just terrible off-road (washboard) road. So the total 28 miles was pretty hard on our new RV. My wife held the front flat screen because is was shaking so bad. Some of the wood for the kitchen dinette came loose and some basement dividers that were screwed in with drywall screws came loose. We got her all cleaned up in Vegas and she's running good. Some of my notes for you prospective buyers: The new Ford F35 chassis is AWESOME! The turning ratio is a dream to drive and manuever. I was not having any problems keeping up or (hanging) with diesel pushers and Semi's through the mountains, the power of the new V-10's are great. Because we mostly drove during the daytime, we ran our generator while driving (SO HOT in NM, AZ and NV). Using premium gas we averaged 8.5 mpg, I think I would have done 10 if we would have just drivin with the front AC. I also was not going 60, we did 65 to 70. I cannot believe the ammenities and features you get with this coach. My POSITIVES: drives awesome, 22.5 wheels, fast and easy dumping, remote electric awning, auto leveling, 3 slides, good appliances, pretty good fit and finish, very modern looking and nice colors, leatherette seating, flat screen tv's and surround sound w/sub. Things you dont notice till you get her out in use are: My NEGATIVES: (1) The foldout coach come right up to the kitchen cabinet, hard to get over to get out front door while someone is sleeping. (2) The front chair is positioned to close to the passenger front seat. (3) The bunks are a bit to small for an adult to sleep comfortably(For kids only). (4) The front A/C doesn't blow cold enough for my taste. (5) The engine downshifts 2 gears when on cruise (going up hills), no bypass. Not a bad negative list for all considered. I love this rig, if you cant tell, I highly recommend it! If you're looking to buy a new one, as we did, I would tell you to offer 35% off sticker, if they say they wont take it, keep pushing or find someone that will. JRG
i have a 2009 350 ts and love it, i think this is a great review!!! i full time in mine with a three yr old so lots of use and after 7 months i have a very short list of very minor things to be fixed, like cracked dash vent covers, black strip on dash comming unglued, bedroom blind cord pulled out of the wall, coating on bath sink pealing from area where the sticker was, bunk dvd player is cheap (not the screen, just the player), and i like to see if they can move the driver seat back an inch or two because it is tricky to turn all the way round, and possible small leak in the skylight over the shower being the most major. i've had no trouble with draws like some other reviewers and i'm thinking this has improved on the 08' and 09' models. i found the finish to be quite good, better than the fleetwood terra we looked at that had only laminated wood doors and big whole under the bunk slide for toys to become lodged in. oh, and i am 5'5'' and can sleep very comfortably in the bunks and my husband did one night while my daughter was sick, he is 5'11'' and wide in the shoulders, all though, not as comfortably. the things i love are v-10, big wheels, radius shower, auto jacks, bunk design, actual doors between rooms instead of curtains, thermo windows, rear window, neutral colors (makes it easy to add your own colors and personality), 32'' hdtv and sound, and solid surface countertops. things i would change are 10 gallon hot water all though 6 is very useable, we have kids thats why we bought a bunkhouse offer us a tub, the placement of the generator and propane tank (they put the genny under the bed and propane on the driver side), get rid of carpet in the gally, and a better use of space behind the passenger seat (computer desk, maybe or bench for the kidos?), shoulder harnesses, airbags, and a better place for a car seat!!! i would also highly recoment this unit!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by archenki View Post
....and i like to see if they can move the driver seat back an inch or two because it is tricky to turn all the way round...
archenki, we had the same problem with the seat on our new 378ts. What I found is that there are multiple mounting holes in the frame rails for the seat. I pulled the 4 bolts out, slid the seat back as far as I could so that the front most holes on the seat bracket were in line with the holes on the pedestal and re-installed the mount bolts. Bought us about 3 or 4" more room.

We took delivery of our 378 in September and took a 3 week trip to Arizona, Utah and back home to Washington and have to say that we are very pleased with our Georgetown. After having had experience with both Winnebago and Fleetwood I would have to say that the Forest River product is just about the same. A bit better than a Fleetwood though. The use of wood trim in the unit really sets it apart from the others and the price is much much less. Overall better value for your money than with any other rig out there. We were drawn by the floorplan which very few makers offer.

I would agree with the others that the problems have been minor. Inlet water tube for the toilet was cut about 1/8 too short so that it couldn't get a good seal and would drip, fixed it myself. Drivers seat too far forward, easy fix as listed above. The only warranty items that I have delt with were able to be fixed by myself in my own garage. The warranty department at FR has been very good at just sending me the parts and letting me handle things as I don't trust our local dealer at all (I didn't buy from them either). About my biggest peve so far has been the fresh water vent tube which if you fill your fresh water tank full as we do for dry camping, by the time you get where you are going it will have siphoned off 2/3 or more of your fresh water overboard. Just stupid design there. As the vent is a 3/4" vinyl tube I went to the hardware store and bought a 3/4" garden hose repair fitting to put on the end of it then screwed on one of the little garden hose valves so that I can close the vent after the tank is full and not loose water.

Our rig with the V10 gets about 6.5-7mpg but then the 378 is a much heavier rig and we tow a very heavy Jeep Wrangler. I love the "Tow/Haul" feature on the transmission which automatically gears down for you when descending grades when you step on the brake to help control speed. I have heard the gripe about the tranny kicking down too low on Cruise when climbing hills but it's a non issue for us, I don't use cruise in hilly terrain, much to costly to good MPG.

Overall we are very pleased with our purchase.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We have a 2007 Georgetown 370, bath and a half. I definitely agree with the earlier post of the pull-out bed and kitchen cabinets. My wife and I are early risers and when our daughters are sleeping on the pull-out bed it's really tough straddling the end of the bed to go outside for that morning cup of coffee and enjoying the peace of the day. We've had some problems, nothing major, I took care of the little things and the dealership took care of the rest. It is definitely the most amount of features I've seen for the money. As for MPG, we got around 7.2 towing our car to Lake George in New York. There are quite a bit of mountains and long hills but it did fine. I added the Banks Intake Filter System and it really helps with more power and I'm sure the MPG is even better. It costs around $400 at Camping World and I installed it myself. It comes with very easy to follow instructions. It has a large K&N Filter that is there for life and can be washed and recharged. They have 2 different models for the Ford V-10, one is for prior to 2006 and the other is after 2006. We really enjoy our motorhome and can't wait to get out there this year. We will be looking at Forest River Berkshires when we decide to step up another time. For the past 2 years plus it's been great having this motorhome. I highly recommend Forest River products.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Update of info for the Banks product.
It is called BANKS Ram-Air Intake System. For a Ford Class "A" 6.8L V-10 Triton 1997-2005 engine the Part is #49190, For the 2006-2008 engine the part is #49191. Very simple instructions, took me about an hour to install. There is definitely a difference in the feel as soon as you touch the gas pedal. I don't have to floor it to excelerate up hills and I know I'm not using as much gas. It really gives a quicker response when needed.
I bought it when gas was about $3.45 a gallon so it will take longer to get my money back in my investment now that gas is below $2.00 a gallon. Not a problem! As far as I'm concerned they can drop it to $1.00 a gallon and I'll just have a longer wait to get back my money.

COME ON SPRING TIME!!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

[QUOTE=NWJeeper;23994]archenki, we had the same problem with the seat on our new 378ts. What I found is that there are multiple mounting holes in the frame rails for the seat. I pulled the 4 bolts out, slid the seat back as far as I could so that the front most holes on the seat bracket were in line with the holes on the pedestal and re-installed the mount bolts. Bought us about 3 or 4" more room.

Can you now turn your driver's seat and front passenger seat around 180 degrees. Ours won't turn much more than about 60 degrees. It hits the wall or the steering wheel and the passenger side hits the wall or barrel chair that's fastened in. They came out with the lounger and ottoman about 3 months after we made our purchase and took delivery.
Do your seat covers align with the seat belt brackets?
Ours look like someone used a different pattern and the slot on the right side of the driver's seat is empty on the side and the bracket sticks out the bottom and raises the bottom of the cover about 1" to 1.5". I questioned it at the dealership and was told that is the correct seatcover. It looks ridiculous. The passenger seat cover looks correct though.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #10

[QUOTE=cfsoistman;24059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
archenki, we had the same problem with the seat on our new 378ts. What I found is that there are multiple mounting holes in the frame rails for the seat. I pulled the 4 bolts out, slid the seat back as far as I could so that the front most holes on the seat bracket were in line with the holes on the pedestal and re-installed the mount bolts. Bought us about 3 or 4" more room.

Can you now turn your driver's seat and front passenger seat around 180 degrees. Ours won't turn much more than about 60 degrees. It hits the wall or the steering wheel and the passenger side hits the wall or barrel chair that's fastened in. They came out with the lounger and ottoman about 3 months after we made our purchase and took delivery.
Do your seat covers align with the seat belt brackets?
Ours look like someone used a different pattern and the slot on the right side of the driver's seat is empty on the side and the bracket sticks out the bottom and raises the bottom of the cover about 1" to 1.5". I questioned it at the dealership and was told that is the correct seatcover. It looks ridiculous. The passenger seat cover looks correct though.
No the drivers seat only will go 90 degrees because the steering wheel is in the way but my wife and I are both 5'11 and after our first trip we were both tired of being hunched up over the steering wheel because the seat would not go back far enough.

As for the passenger seat it was interefearing with the subwoofer for the surround sound so I just moved the sub. back about 2" and screwed it back down, now we can turn the passenger seat 180 around.

Yes the seat upholstery isn't quite right where the seatbelts come through but I have seen that on so many RVs in the past it doesn't really surprise me much. I just take it as "normal"
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Ok thanks for the reply. I think they have one pattern for their seat covers and use it on both seats. Have a great day. We're getting another 1 to 3 inches snow tonight.
Come on Spring Time!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
Global DR Planner

Location: Where ever the work takes me - Home State: tennessee
Good Luck Charles. I have had nothing but problems with the 370ts that I bought. before you take delivery check under the kitchen sink, and make sure the sink has been installed correctly, the first go around on mine it was only held in with 1/8" screws in a 1" piece of metal with a piece of wood in between the metal and the sink. Fill it completely full of water and let it sit before you pay for it. my low point drain leaks water even when my water tank is 1/3 full. Make them check the circuit breakers. all my outlets that you would normally use and the TV are on one 15 amp breaker. which means if you plan on running anything plugged in you need to shut off the TV or you will trip the breaker. also the main cooking plug by the sink / stove is only a 15 amp breaker so you can only use one appliance at a time. watch the bathroom water connections to the toilets, mine leaked in the back bathroom and warped the molding around the door and it had to be replaced

Good luck Dragon
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Good Luck Charles. I have had nothing but problems with the 370ts that I bought. before you take delivery check under the kitchen sink, and make sure the sink has been installed correctly, the first go around on mine it was only held in with 1/8" screws in a 1" piece of metal with a piece of wood in between the metal and the sink. Fill it completely full of water and let it sit before you pay for it. my low point drain leaks water even when my water tank is 1/3 full. Make them check the circuit breakers. all my outlets that you would normally use and the TV are on one 15 amp breaker. which means if you plan on running anything plugged in you need to shut off the TV or you will trip the breaker. also the main cooking plug by the sink / stove is only a 15 amp breaker so you can only use one appliance at a time. watch the bathroom water connections to the toilets, mine leaked in the back bathroom and warped the molding around the door and it had to be replaced

Good luck Dragon
Dragon,

I don't know about your rig but on our new 378TS FR used 12ga Romex for all the 120v 15amp circuits. Per code, 12ga wire is good and used for 20amp circuits. I don't see why you couldn't replace the 15amp breaker with a 20 amp breaker. If you pull the panel cover (make sure you are disconnected from shore power) and take a look at the gauge wire they used you might find the same on yours.

We too had the leaking toilet connection but it was an easy fix and to be honest I expected these types of things with a new RV, they can't be avoided. You will see the same problems with Fleetwood, Winnebago, Monaco, etc.
www.nwjeepn.com