Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #1

Georgetown 370TS Bath & a Half Leans to passenger side

I have a 2007 Georgetown 370TS that has a Bath and a half bath that is 39 feet long. Looking from the rear, the coach body leans to the right (passenger side) 4 degrees. The coach appears straight looking from the front. Any suggestions?
elmerg
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #2

Hi. I have a 2007 378 that is the same. There is a 1'' spacer on left rear leaf spring only for no aparent reason which is probably the cause. Maby you have a spacer alsow.
alpinemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Check out post #2 here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tion-5583.html

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerg View Post
I have a 2007 Georgetown 370TS that has a Bath and a half bath that is 39 feet long. Looking from the rear, the coach body leans to the right (passenger side) 4 degrees. The coach appears straight looking from the front. Any suggestions?
elmerg
Try to find a level area to park. Measure from the ground to the inside of the wheel well. In my case it was off by over 1-1/2" from one side to the other. My unit, probably yours as well, same year & model, has the 1" steel shim on the driver's side. I contacted John Armstrong and sent pictures of the measurements. He authorized the removal of the shim as well as having the front end checked. I paid for it and sent the invoice to FR and got reimbursed.

jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #5

Yes, I also had this problem with my 370XL got under it and removed the 1" plate from inbetween the leaf spring and rear axle now it sits almost level.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #6

Thanks to everyone for your help. I checked with a body shop and I do indeed have a spacer on the left rear. I am making an appointment to have it remover. Thanks for the help.
elmerg
elmerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerg View Post
Thanks to everyone for your help. I checked with a body shop and I do indeed have a spacer on the left rear. I am making an appointment to have it remover. Thanks for the help.
elmerg

All this time everyone thought you were a little crooked..
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #8

Smile Lopsided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
All this time everyone thought you were a little crooked..
Here's a different twist for you all. We bought our 2005 375XL three years ago with a brush skirt across the rear. Whilst waiting for a replacement skirt after a ferry company had ripped it off for us, I realised that the body and the chassis at the rear do not match laterally. If you stand behind the rig without its skirt you can see that the right hand end of the rear chassis rail hangs about two inches lower than the left. Looks most odd, but the skirt hides it nicely.

Everything else is flat and straight, so it would appear that when they welded the chassis extension in they must have got it a bit wrong. HeyHo - doesn't worry us and we ain't going to sell it - so we just laugh about it.

Old Bookkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote