Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
Georgetown 391

Georgetown 391 gas pusher furnace inop

I have two furnaces and the second one that is located on the right front slide blows 12 volt fuses as soon as I insert a new one. Bypassed the control box and still blows fuses right away. A/C on that thermostat runs rear A/C ok as well as Heat Strip.

Furnace on left side as well as front A/C runs fine.

Also Refrig will not switch to AC operation and seems to like gas mode which it always goes to. Checked all 120 volt breakers.

Any help?

Kenson
kenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Sounds like the low voltage wire to that furnace must be shorting out somewhere from wear. Someone posted about finding a wire under their furnace which caused it to wear and short. I would disconnect the furnace low voltage at the furnace and t-stat. Run a wire exposed to the each and then put the fuse in and see if it does or doesn't blow. If it blows it's either an internal problem in the t-stat or the board on the furnace.
As for the refrigerator, it sounds like it may have a bad control board.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Georgetown 391

All Fixed

Well the Refrigerator has two 120 volt plugs that Forest River said could only be accessed by removing the refrig. Went to the back outside panel
and found only the icemaker was plugged in. The Refrig was not.

After checking under the slide where the second furnace is located I must have done something as the furnace fixed itself.

Forest River customer service had one stove under my couch. It is not and did not know where the shut off valve for the icemaker is located. Found that on the outside panel.

Someone could make some money publishing these facts for the different models from Forest River. The generic book from FR mentoned Invertors so I asked where it was and what plugs it activated with 120 volts. They said they have never offered them in Georgetown models.

Now if I can just clear that darn trip computer!

G Kenson
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenson View Post

Someone could make some money publishing these facts for the different models from Forest River. The generic book from FR mentoned Invertors so I asked where it was and what plugs it activated with 120 volts. They said they have never offered them in Georgetown models.

Now if I can just clear that darn trip computer!

G Kenson
But just think of all the fun you'd be missing trying to find this info. It's like a scavenger hunt on wheels!! I don't know whether the other manufacturers have unit specific manuals but the generic FR manuals are fine for very general info but they leave a lot to be desired for any specific information.
I didn't receive any info about the Artic Pak. When I requested the info I received paperwork that was copied, probably for the thousandth time, barely readable.
FR could definitely do better, but that costs money that they most likely don't want to spend.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Georgetown 391

Here is their answer when I asked where the water tank and pump were. It is pretty cold up here and in the spring I would go on a scavenger hunt and find this but I quote:

"As far as the fresh water tank, turn a faucet on and flip the switch for the water pump to turn on. Follow the sound to the water pump, it will be in one of the compartments under the coach. The tank is behind the water pump. Or you can look under the coach and see 2 drain valves, directly above one of them is the fresh water tank, and the water pump is in front of that."

My last MH an 2001 Airstream 350XL even had wiring, plumbing diagrams with 120 volt computation that equalled less that the 50 Amps power. All In a big 3 ring notebook tucked into a soft side luggage bag.

Hopefully my asking and getting answers helps out other Forest River owners as it certainly has helped me. Thanks fo your input and help

G Kenson