Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #1

Georgetown dash

This may sound ridiculous but the dash on the passenger side of my Georgetown motorhome has come apart between the 2 pieces. I have been told that this is a problem in the 2007 models and is due to the way it sways on the roads while travelling. Anyone else have this problem?
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have a 2007 GT 370 but haven't had any problems with the dash. I've sat up in there while installing my Power Visors and washing the windshield and I'm around 240 lbs. I believe all the dash boards are the same. Are you talikng about where the darker color plastic part that contains the AC vents?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I have a 2007 GT 370 but haven't had any problems with the dash. I've sat up in there while installing my Power Visors and washing the windshield and I'm around 240 lbs. I believe all the dash boards are the same. Are you talikng about where the darker color plastic part that contains the AC vents?
Yes, the dash section on the left hand side where the two pieces come together. Mine has broken apart and I have been told this is a problem with the Georgetown dashes due to the rig swaying side to side.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I would contact Mike Burns at FR and explain to him what is happening. There may be a problem that they may still cover under warranty. Doesn't hurt to ask.

mburns@forestriverinc.com

He's been very helpful when I've needed something.

Is the part broken or just seperating like the screws may have backed out of it? I'm not sure how they connected those two pieces together but I would think the plastic parts went in last since the curve would not allow it all to go in at once.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #5

Thank you again for the info. It's at the dealer now getting repaired. I will wait to see what they tell me. If it is okay, I would like to keep the contact name you provided for any future issues.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
Thank you again for the info. It's at the dealer now getting repaired. I will wait to see what they tell me. If it is okay, I would like to keep the contact name you provided for any future issues.
Mike is really great to deal with.
I've emailed him about small items like the trim tape that shrunk, he sent me a roll. The star metal decal fell off, he sent another one to me. He replys usually within a few hours. I've sent him questions and when he didn't know the answer he had someone call me that did.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #7

Thanks to all who responded. The dealer fixed the dash, but still claims it is the flexing of the motorhome body that caused it to break. Go figure.
Heading out for a 1 month trip down the western states.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:59 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hopefully they've fixed it so it doesn't break again. Have a safe trip and enjoy the camping.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR