Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
You bought a Ford F53 truck with a motorhome on top, and it will drive like the Dorito's truck at your 7/11. I bought mine in 2012 and after reading these forums I did the CHF on the front and got a front end alignment from a local truck shop recommended by Ford. I also weighed the rig and put 90 psi in front and 92 psi rear. My Georgetown now drives straight, with 1 hand on the wheel at my normal interstate speed of 65mph and does not get pushed around by trucks. One thing---you need a good tire gauge...don't leave home without one !!!

Have a good 1 in mind? Found several on Amazon. Probably a good idea to weigh the coach.
coffeegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #22

Georgetown G5 2017 35’

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegrinder View Post
Have a good 1 in mind? Found several on Amazon. Probably a good idea to weigh the coach.

I'll chime in here, you HAVE TO get it weighed in order to know the correct tire pressure to put in each tire. If you don't know the tire/axle weight it is just a guessing game.
Each different size tire has different pressure for a given tire/axle weight.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #23
Steelhorzz

Rudy's right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudysWorld View Post
Double check tire inflation, dealer had mine at +100, Forrest River recommends 90 psi and Michelin recommends less based on weight. When I got tires to 90 psi handling was much better.
Rudy is right!!

Not only does the correct tire pressure matter, (A LOT), in handling and driveability).

But it matters to have the correct pressure regardless of where you drive. (Local temperature is a BIG factor)!!

We recently traveled to Washington from SoCal. As the temp dropped when we travelled north, so did the tire pressure.

My gas mileage decreased, and I noticed more of a "softness" in handling/ cornering.

I spoke to a tire manufacturer and asked them at what temp should I be measuring the 90lbs pressure, (before driving each day).

OR, should I be making "adjustments" to the 90 lbs. pressure depending on local temp.

They said ....... "90 lbs is 90 lbs."

if the temp in SoCal is 70 degrees, make sure your tires start out at 90 lbs before you drive.

If you're in Seattle and the temp is 40 degrees, make sure your tire pressure is 90 lbs before you start driving.

Makes sense!

I've invested in an RV air pump to insure I can have the correct tire pressure regardless of where I travel and the local weather!
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I'll chime in here, you HAVE TO get it weighed in order to know the correct tire pressure to put in each tire. If you don't know the tire/axle weight it is just a guessing game.
Each different size tire has different pressure for a given tire/axle weight.

Thanks. Any suggestions on where to weigh it
Old 12-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #25

I weighed mine at a local iron and scrap metal facility. They only charged me $10 to measure the total weight and each tire separately.
Others have mentioned at truck stops that have CAT scales for truckers.
I filled the fresh water tank, filled the gas tank and loaded most everything I normally take on a trip so to get a good loaded weight.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I weighed mine at a local iron and scrap metal facility. They only charged me $10 to measure the total weight and each tire separately.
Others have mentioned at truck stops that have CAT scales for truckers.
I filled the fresh water tank, filled the gas tank and loaded most everything I normally take on a trip so to get a good loaded weight.

Thanks, have a couple truck stops close . Will check
Old 12-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #27

Simple question. Do you pull a toad. Ours was super tough when we drove it without the toad. We added that and a whole different rig. I swear. We added a Safety T steering stabilizer first and that helped, but the toad was the best.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
Simple question. Do you pull a toad. Ours was super tough when we drove it without the toad. We added that and a whole different rig. I swear. We added a Safety T steering stabilizer first and that helped, but the toad was the best.

We do. Thanks
Old 12-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegrinder View Post
Goodyear tire’s and pressure recommended is 110 lbs

Is that what the sticker in your coach says? Mine says 92. Had them at over 100 (after nitrogen fill by lousy dealer) and it handled bad.
Scagsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
My coach does track better when we have the TOAD attached. mostly it keeps the back end from swinging as much when trucks would pass.....even more so since adding the SafeT+
Old 12-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagsdale View Post
Is that what the sticker in your coach says? Mine says 92. Had them at over 100 (after nitrogen fill by lousy dealer) and it handled bad.
The sticker is incorrect. Weigh your rig and use the load tables.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbailey13 View Post
My coach does track better when we have the TOAD attached. mostly it keeps the back end from swinging as much when trucks would pass.....even more so since adding the SafeT+
Not trying to be a pain but add a track bar and you will have that feeling even when your not towing.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
Not trying to be a pain but add a track bar and you will have that feeling even when your not towing.

Talked to Roadmaster today and will get a front and rear stabilizers put on as well as steering trac bar.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #34

I did sumos on all corners and roadmaster sway bar on rear and saf t steer.huge improvement

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:35 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
I did sumos on all corners and roadmaster sway bar on rear and saf t steer.huge improvement

The sumos are in addition to the stabilizers. What is approximate cost of Sumos

Tags
georgetown