Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2019, 08:37 PM   #1

Georgetown manual slide retract/extend

So, had some minor slide issues this past weekend. Didn't need to manually retract the slides, but it worried me enough that I need to learn ahead of time how manually retract them. I have a 2012 Georgetown 329DS. Pictures of my hydraulic system are below with a page of the actual part from the Lippert manual.

I can't remember what the dealer told me in our quick walk through, and I can't find a video that shows the traction with my unit specifically for slides. I found a video for the jacks, not slides.The manual is generic and only mentions jacks.

Per my picture below with yellow highlight, is this the valve and retraction nut for the slides? It's on the front/left side of the unit when facing it. The facing 2 front and 2 rear valves are the jacks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_202045.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	215662Attachment 215663Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190923-202524_Drive.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	215664
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190923_185302[1].jpg
Views:	102
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	215669  
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:37 AM   #2

Here's the picture from the bay door (not rotated like above that I can't edit any more).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190923_185302 front.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	215704  
Old 09-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #3

Dealing with our jacks I went in to LCI and downloaded all their manuals on their site. The owners manual covers what your looking for. Have you tried that avenue for guidance. I’m sorta in the same place and Monday will be calling their tech support because our problem is not covered in their manual that I can find. Good luck with your problems, Jim.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Dealing with our jacks I went in to LCI and downloaded all their manuals on their site. The owners manual covers what your looking for. Have you tried that avenue for guidance. I’m sorta in the same place and Monday will be calling their tech support because our problem is not covered in their manual that I can find. Good luck with your problems, Jim.
I downloaded the manuals (I got the part number drawing above from one of them) but they don't give any detail in hydraulic slide retraction. They stop at jack retraction. After staring at the valve center long enough, I figure the slide valve retraction has to be the ones on the sides. Haven't tried it yet though because the slide magically started working.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:19 AM   #5

Looking at your picture I know that our unit has jacks and slides run off the hydraulic pump and I have more valves on ours, in fact 3 more, one for each slide. I don’t know how your slides are hydraulic controlled off that pump system. You sure you don’t have electric slides, some units do. Just wondering, this jack/slide system is complicated to me.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #6

This covers both slides and jacks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_ALL_maual[1].pdf (2.68 MB, 142 views)
Old 10-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyboy View Post
Does not cover a 329DS such as the OP has.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyboy View Post
Thank you. That manual doesn't cover my hydraulic unit specifically, but the end part that discusses manual jack retraction is identical to the manual I found that has my unit.

My manual (with identical jack retraction instruction) doesn't point out where the slide overrides are (2 slides) but I'm pretty sure now that they are the valves on the left/right sides of the hydraulic center. That's the only other place I can think of. Next time at the storage unit, I'll give a try and report back.

Tags
georgetown, slide, manual