Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #1

Georgetown motor home

We're thinking of purchasing a used motor home and in my searches, I keep finding nice looking Georgetown models in our price range. With the money we have to spend, we're looking at around 2008-2011 depending on size, options etc.

My question........how good is the quality and reliability? Have you been happy with your coach?
Parmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:22 AM   #2

Had a 2005 378, very happy. put on about 45000 km in three years really had only road problem and that was a tire, otherwise after a few minor mods to the cupboards, replace the old TV's and used semiconductive grease on the electrical connections to cure the electrical problems it performed well. Traided it in last Jan for a park model TT. If I was looking to buy another class "A" I would look at Georgetown's again
Old 01-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #3

When I bought my 2011 GT in 2012 I was looking at used Fleetwoods's, Winnie's, Tiffin and so on in the 2005 to 2009 model years. Never intended to buy a Forest River product because I'm not a Warren Buffet fan (Berkshire Hathaway). Well I got my GT for the same money, one year to the day old, 4K miles for the same money being asked for older used models I mentioned including too Damon's. A heckuva lot of features for the money. Problems, sure, but every brand has them.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #4

I absolutely love our Georgetown. I bought it used, and haven't had a problem yet. All of the bugs were worked out of it by the time it was mine. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #5

One nice thing about used G'town is that you won't have to worry about the condition of a rubber roof. That's a lot of peace of mind right there.
Ours is almost new..and we love it.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #6

We purchased our 378 XL new in 2012 and we have had some minor issues but all have been taken care of and I would purchase another one. The only exception to that would be if I hit the lotto and then I would purchase a new Newell/Prevost and not look back. Until that day happens I am very happy with FR and our 378Xl. Just make sure the floor plan is what you want don't settle for something less. The other best thing to remember is the dealer can make you MH experience great or miserable.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
One nice thing about used G'town is that you won't have to worry about the condition of a rubber roof. That's a lot of peace of mind right there.
Ours is almost new..and we love it.

I can't personally say that a FG roof is that much better. I have owned 2 5th wheels and one Georgetown MH that all had rubber roofs and never had a single leak with any of them. My 2012 Georgetown with a fg roof leaked after the first year. And there have been plenty of others on here with issues with their fg roofs. Too many of the fg roofs seem to have issues at their edges, both at end caps and sidewalls. It should be rare for a brand new fg roof to leak, but it seems to happen fairly often.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #8

I have a 2007 Georgetown 338 se for sale with 64000 miles on it because I bought a newer 370 Georgetown . No problem with either of them. Great coach.
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #9

Bought our Georgetown 350TS brand new. Except for the electric steps problem, which was replaced under warranty. We love our coach. Had some minor issues repaired under warranty, but you will get that on a Berkshire also.
Go over it with a fine tooth comb and have the dealer repair any issues. Good luck and Happy Motoring.
Coach 350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #10

We had a 2007 Georgetown 326DS which we special ordered and loved it! Very few warranty issues and used it until Dec 2014 when we got our Forester. It's an excellent unit, in our opinion, and would have bought another with electronic upgrades, but decided to downsize a little.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #11

We are in the process of selling our 2014 351DS after first year of new ownership including working out the bugs and taking care of the little issues -there was lots to learn about (we are preparing to build new a home so need to change lifestyle somewhat). Check the rig you find very carefully and be sure to look over any maintenance or history records they can provide. I have had rubber and now fiberglass roofs and prefer the fiberglass for cleaning reason alone. Check operation of all systems carefully! Good luck with the search.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
FL family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #12

We are in the process of selling our 2014 351DS and after first year of new ownership including working out the typical bugs and taking care of the little issues there was lots to learn about (We are preparing to build new a home so need to change lifestyle somewhat). Check the rig you find very carefully and be sure to look over any maintenance or history records they can provide. I have had rubber and now fiberglass roofs and prefer the fiberglass for cleaning reason alone. Check operation of all systems carefully! Good luck with the search.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
FL family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #13

Sure any roof system can leak because no matter what is used there will still be seams. What I like about the fiberglass though is less of a worry with low hanging tree branches and the yearly maintenance. I just wash and then 3 coats of Mop n Glo every spring.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown