Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Georgetown XL 369DS

Saw this floor plan on line and am seriously considering upgrading from my Forester which is a great Class C but need more room. Would appreciate any feedback on this model.

Thanks
coldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #2

We bought this floor plan last last fall, but didn't pick it up until December. We are actually taking the maiden voyage tomorrow. However, we have spent quite a few days enjoying it at our seasonal site.

There was two main points we liked about it. One was no bunk beds. Since it is typically just the two of us, we liked the larger living area. Secondly, since I am tall, I liked the larger bed. Even though I haven't slept in it yet, I am looking forward to not sleeping diagionally. (I am sure DW is looking forward to the extra room also.)

More importantly is a few down falls. First, because of the longer bed, you do lose a little drawer space in the bed room. I think it is a good trade off though. We did not get the washer and dryer option, so we picked up some of that lost space. Secondly, at first I was disappointed that it only has one heater. I had to install a damper on the center bathroom duct to force more heat to the rear. Now it heats the bedroom rather well. Not much heat in the rear bathroom, but if you leave the door open it heats rather nicely. It doesn't take as long to warm up to a comfortable temperature as I thought it would. We probably save some propane with only one heater. I definitely could do without the dual sinks in the rear bathroom. It seems like a waste of storage space to me.

It drives very nice and have had no problems with handling or side drafting. Of course, tomorrow will be the first fully loaded trip, so the verdict is still out.

Over all I am very pleased we choose this floor plan.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
Georgia Gets Around

Thumbs up

We have this model in a 2015. I really love the bath and a half concept and think the bathrooms are lovely in this model. I think we may have the last year with the large mirror in the rear bath and it makes it look so large! I wasn't sure how I would like the vessel sinks but they are an enormous space saver and pretty easy to clean. The pantry and residential frig really sold us on this model as well. We were also looking at an Itasca Sun Star and I was told by the salesman I could store my groceries under the couch. Uh, no thanks! We have plenty of storage and we even put some thing behind the couch and under the couch. We didn't realize when we bought it that it had two recliners built into the couch. They can be tricky to operate though. My one disappointment is the couch - it jack knifes down into a bed but because of how the sofa is configured, the inside portion is super short so not really great for two people. Also the curved dinette cushions make it impossible to sit more than two people. Wish I could get rid of those. It drives really well and the larger wheels make it feel very stable. The MCD night shades and sun shades are very easy and look great. Over all I am really happy with our choice.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
Secondly, at first I was disappointed that it only has one heater. I had to install a damper on the center bathroom duct to force more heat to the rear. Now it heats the bedroom rather well. Not much heat in the rear bathroom, but if you leave the door open it heats rather nicely. It doesn't take as long to warm up to a comfortable temperature as I thought it would. We probably save some propane with only one heater.
I have a 2012 360 which has basically the same floor plan. Wife liked the king size bed and bath and a half, double sink vanity, etc. As for heat, we seldom use the furnace. We use an electric heater most of the time. It is small but cranks out plenty of heat. We use it in the living room when we are eating or watching tv, and move it to the bedroom at night. I sometimes run the furnace in the morning to quickly take the chill off while we have breakfast. This will be our fourth camping season and we have only refilled the propane once.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
W were rookies when we looked at several models last year at various dealers an shows. We thought to have done a nice job of picking out the important things when we decided on the 369 XL Black Diamond model. Coming up on almost a tear of owning it, here are my thoughts.

Good.
- like the pantry slide out doors. (had to add Velcro to them to keep them closed while driving. Also, the bottom drawer that seemed to be designed for bottle storage isn't high enough for wine, etc. great for storing stackable cups though).
- like the bath and a half. Allows you to have your own private bath while others can use the half bath. The half is also Eire to use while in motion as opposed to climbing over the bed.
- fireplace does a great job of keeping the coach warm on chilly nights and mornings. Rarely use the furnace.

Bad.
- really no need for the second sink in the rear bath.
- window shade brackets broke on two different Windows. Can't find on the road but the manufacturer maid free replacements. Not fun to install though!
- would rather have a table and chairs as opposed to the dinette booth. Really only good for an adult on each side. Table also comes loose with the original screws.
- I would get opposing slides next time as you get a wider living area.
- L-shape pull out rarely gets used as you don't get any extra seating and it shrinks the living area.
- entry door expands and contracts with temperature so you have to be careful as it sticks when open and closing on colder days.
- ditto on the couch recliners being difficult and the bed is only for one adult or a few children.
- no room in the side of the king bed. Difficult to change sheets! Tiny shelf son the side only fit a cell phone.

Upgraded to the steering control and rear sway bar seems to have helped as advertised ($2.4K). Now looking at adding some sort of satellite that can go to all the tv's. I also had to get the steering aligned after picking it up as did many others. FR did refund the cost.

The only other item I'd suggest is to purchase it locally. We could only find the model and options we liked over a thousand miles from home. Getting local dealers to do warranty repairs has been impossible.

Randy & the Dogs
RV'rs as of 2015
G-town XL 369 w/ wrangler hanging on the back!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #6

Just picked up our 2016 369 w/ Black Diamond Package this weekend. TERRIBLE dealer delivery experience, but once we got the coach home and gave it a good cleaning, we realized how great a choice it was for us.

Like others have mentioned, it is great for 2 people. Bringing guests will be tricky as the couch bed is smallish and pretty uncomfortable. The dinette bed is useless and the dinette is really going to be cramped if you try to seat more than 2 people. The front bunk (purchased option) is nice but only rated for 200 lbs. I don't agree with those who have said the L-shaped couch takes up too much room in the living room - I was concerned about that too, but after spending the weekend in and out of it, I can honestly tell you it give the living area a really nice, roomy feel.

Love the bedroom configuration and bathroom layout.

Love the TONS of storage.

I think this is one of the best floor plans out there.
NCCoachMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
Georgia Gets Around

Congrats on your new coach! I will say that we have had guests and have given them the bedroom and back bath. We got a cot that we were hoping to fit between the two front seats but it didn't so we use that next to the couch and don't fold out the couch. I just throw the memory foam and sheet over both. Makes for an easy break down and we stored the cot behind the front passenger seat during the day. It is the only way to sleep two that I have found.
We had to purchase our coach from IA so it is hard to find them locally. We were not able to get the top bunk option which I really wanted for the grandkids. I think you can order them after purchase from the factory so I will look into that this year. If anyone figures out how to get rid of the curved top dinette cushion please let me know!
Old 06-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCCoachMan View Post
Just picked up our 2016 369 w/ Black Diamond Package this weekend. TERRIBLE dealer delivery experience, but once we got the coach home and gave it a good cleaning, we realized how great a choice it was for us.

Like others have mentioned, it is great for 2 people. Bringing guests will be tricky as the couch bed is smallish and pretty uncomfortable. The dinette bed is useless and the dinette is really going to be cramped if you try to seat more than 2 people. The front bunk (purchased option) is nice but only rated for 200 lbs. I don't agree with those who have said the L-shaped couch takes up too much room in the living room - I was concerned about that too, but after spending the weekend in and out of it, I can honestly tell you it give the living area a really nice, roomy feel.

Love the bedroom configuration and bathroom layout.

Love the TONS of storage.

I think this is one of the best floor plans out there.
Congrats on the new home. Like you, I prefer the L-shaped couch. It gives the impression of a separate room. The front bunk also makes great temporary storage location for things you want out of the way but constantly need. Such as jackets, seat cushions, call phones.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it! I do mine just a couple of nit-picking things.

I like the cot idea and will give that a try. Did the height match up with the cushions or did you have to work on adjusting it somehow?

Randy & the Dogs
RV'rs as of 2015
G-town XL 369 w/ wrangler hanging on the back!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #10
Georgia Gets Around

The cot was slightly lower but not enough to make it super noticeable. My large size husband slept on it and was very comfortable. It was the
Coleman ComfortSmart(TM) Cot that was around $41 and has a thin mattress pad. Beware it cost $17 in shipping to return it so for that we decided to keep it.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #11

I know this thread is kinda dead, but there is one pretty big flaw I have found on the 369.... there are two separate black/grey tank sets - one for the half bath/kitchen and one for the main/master bath. I understand gravity, piping and the general need for two sets of tanks, but my gripe is that the back set of tanks and the connection for them are enclosed in the storage box. Whereas the front tank access has the connection outside the box/under the coach, the back tank connection is INSIDE the box. This makes it VERY difficult to do a "Y" connection to the sewer. I don't understand the logic and it seems like a bad design.
NCCoachMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown