Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #21
Triglide

We have a 2013 335DS and bought it used also it had 6500 miles on it and now has 20,100. The only major problem we have had on ours is the flaking upholstery issue. We are having all the seats and couch reupholstered as I am writing this. I am going to take it over tomorrow to have them all reinstalled with the new coverings. We did NOT go with the factory material either it was too CHEAP and would flake again in 6 months and probably would come from china too. We went with a quality naugahyde that is used for automobile show cars. We have had a couple minor problems with ours too, replaced the coach battery and both house batteries and a couple switches, for slide and water heater and then the 12 VDC water pump. No other issues so far and I do all the maintenance myself, Wife and I really love the unit and have a great time in Az, Tx, And Co. so far. The virus thing has put a stop on our travels to this point but are going out in a couple weeks again.. We want to got to the northern coast of Ca. and then maybe to Fl. next year if possible then..
TriGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGlide View Post
We have a 2013 335DS and bought it used also it had 6500 miles on it and now has 20,100. The only major problem we have had on ours is the flaking upholstery issue. We are having all the seats and couch reupholstered as I am writing this. I am going to take it over tomorrow to have them all reinstalled with the new coverings. We did NOT go with the factory material either it was too CHEAP and would flake again in 6 months and probably would come from china too. We went with a quality naugahyde that is used for automobile show cars. We have had a couple minor problems with ours too, replaced the coach battery and both house batteries and a couple switches, for slide and water heater and then the 12 VDC water pump. No other issues so far and I do all the maintenance myself, Wife and I really love the unit and have a great time in Az, Tx, And Co. so far. The virus thing has put a stop on our travels to this point but are going out in a couple weeks again.. We want to got to the northern coast of Ca. and then maybe to Fl. next year if possible then..
We just returned from Eureka Ca last week. Temps never got above 64, or below 58. Nice weather for a long weekend. The drive on the other hand was a bit longer than I like for a single day, 550 miles each way. Thank God the generator is playing nice! I5 in late July is torture!
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
I will keep you posted on how it acts with the new pump.
Well I got the new pump in. Haven’t taken it out yet, but I will this weekend. It’s supposed to be hot too! The new pump is much quieter and smoother running than the old pump. I bench tested the old one and man it didn’t sound good! I think I fixed it. Will iodate again after our short trip!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Well I got the new pump in. Haven’t taken it out yet, but I will this weekend. It’s supposed to be hot too! The new pump is much quieter and smoother running than the old pump. I bench tested the old one and man it didn’t sound good! I think I fixed it. Will iodate again after our short trip!

Fingers crossed! Keep us posted...
Old 08-05-2020, 09:06 AM   #25

Finally received the new shower door clips. I'll give them a try this weekend. Doesn't look like to much trouble, but who knows....
Old 08-05-2020, 02:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
Finally received the new shower door clips. I'll give them a try this weekend. Doesn't look like to much trouble, but who knows....
Did mine last year. Now this year after traveling the shower would always pop out of the lower clips. And after 4 days of driving now the upper bracket the roller are attached to is cracking. I’m probably going to be replacing the entire enclosure next year. Probably with a hinges door instead of sliding.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #27

Have a similar story about taking wife with me to buy a part.
In 2015 purchased a new Hurricane. In 2017 while camping I cracked a vent knob. Camping World was up the road. Asked my wife if she wanted to go with me for the knob, said yes.
I went in and she remained in car. They had my knob and I paid my $3.86. Came out and she was not in car, couldn’t find her. Then low and behold I see her waiving her arms for me to come over. She was standing outside of a 2017 Georgetown 369xl. I knew I was in trouble. Now mind you, our 2yr old Hurricane 34F only had 6000 miles on it plus I had approx $3500 in upgrades done to it.
Well, you are probably guessing the rest of the story, yup we bought it. As most of us know motor homes depreciate dramatically in the first 3 yrs. Bottom line, after trade I still left nearly $100,000 poorer plus my $3.86 knob - lol. OUCH!!!
Good news, we love our coach. Lesson learned, don’t take wife to buy a part
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeFeo View Post
In 2015 purchased a new Hurricane. In 2017 while camping I cracked a vent knob. Camping World was up the road. Asked my wife if she wanted to go with me for the knob, said yes.
I went in and she remained in car. They had my knob and I paid my $3.86. Came out and she was not in car, couldn’t find her. Then low and behold I see her waiving her arms for me to come over. She was standing outside of a 2017 Georgetown 369xl. I knew I was in trouble. Now mind you, our 2yr old Hurricane 34F only had 6000 miles on it plus I had approx $3500 in upgrades done to it.
Well, you are probably guessing the rest of the story, yup we bought it. As most of us know motor homes depreciate dramatically in the first 3 yrs. Bottom line, after trade I still left nearly $100,000 poorer plus my $3.86 knob - lol. OUCH!!!
I’ll have to try that when the time comes for a DP! LOL

Old 08-06-2020, 09:31 PM   #29

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeFeo View Post
Too funny! We had a 2001 Four Winds Infinity (Thor Hurricane) we had bought to see if we would really enjoy the RV life. New furniture, new flooring, re did the works. Had it for less than a year and a half. Went to Camping world to buy valve extensions. The wife wanted to go across the street to RV country. Next thing I knew we were the proud owners of a Georgetown 378! You got off cheap! The valve extensions were $11.00 and still live in the garage.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #30

Quote:
I’ll have to try that when the time comes for a DP! LOL
I'm telling ya, we have to hang out. Our wives would probably make some sales guys weekend!
Old 08-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #31

Hi All,
Similar story with my 2012 Georgetown XL 378TS.
The longer you keep it and use it the cheaper it gets.

My GT is now at 73,000 miles and heading to SW Colorado to cool down for a month.

Oh and I never let my DW go with me to the RV dealer.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #32

Quick update with the generator. It ran great for 3 hours. Longer run it has before. Temp outside was 85 degrees. I hit a couple hard/harsh dips in the interstate that would’ve killed it before! However...pulling into the campground it died as I tunes left. It fired right back up. Not sure? I’ll give it another go on Sunday in the way home. Supposed to be 90 her in IL on Sunday. The only other thing I want to do is add a vent to the Generator service door. This will help
It pull in cooler air than from under the coach. And then maybe wrap the fuel lines in the generator itself in thermal wrap! After that there isn’t much more I can do! I don’t get any codes, and it always stays right back up!

FWIW, on my buddy’s 2017 Fleetwood Bounder His generator dies on him after crossing some rough RR tracks! So this may just be the nature of the generator!

Old 08-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Quick update with the generator. It ran great for 3 hours. Longer run it has before. Temp outside was 85 degrees. I hit a couple hard/harsh dips in the interstate that would’ve killed it before! However...pulling into the campground it died as I tunes left. It fired right back up. Not sure? I’ll give it another go on Sunday in the way home. Supposed to be 90 her in IL on Sunday. The only other thing I want to do is add a vent to the Generator service door. This will help
It pull in cooler air than from under the coach. And then maybe wrap the fuel lines in the generator itself in thermal wrap! After that there isn’t much more I can do! I don’t get any codes, and it always stays right back up!

FWIW, on my buddy’s 2017 Fleetwood Bounder His generator dies on him after crossing some rough RR tracks! So this may just be the nature of the generator!
The oil level sensor is very particular and if the oil is not up to the proper level when sitting it may be just a bit low and a bump is all it needs to sense a less then normal level and will shut down.

You need to be on a flat service and add a little bit of oil. You must fill slowly and don't rush it.
I just changed oil in mine and the last of the 2nd quart took about 10 minutes to slowly fill the unit.

Hope this helps to explain why it shuts down when it hits a bump in the road or curve.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:30 AM   #34

Thanks Iggy. Yes it is full and it does take a while to fill. But it is to the full mark when hot. Just for the hell of it I may disconnect the switch and see how it does.

Now that I’m thinking of it....it only seems to die when I turn left. The generator is mounted on the drivers side and the switch is also on that side of the generator. So if the oil moves away from the switch it could definitely die.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:46 PM   #35

Quote:
I got them here:
https://www.swisco.com/shower-retain...ardware/10-074 I should receive them today and will install this weekend. I'll post up if there is a problem, or not..
The post office finally got around to delivering the shower door clips. Installed them today, exact replacement. The job was pretty easy, probably took an hour to replace one clip on each door half. I did have a screw on one vertical rail that had come apart so I fixed that as well. Easy job, and have extra clips for the future.
Running out of things to do!
Old 08-08-2020, 06:48 PM   #36

Quote:
The post office finally got around to delivering the shower door clips. Installed them today, exact replacement. The job was pretty easy, probably took an hour to replace one clip on each door half. I did have a screw on one vertical rail that had come apart so I fixed that as well. Easy job, and have extra clips for the future.
Running out of things to do!
Just curious. Do you have to remove all the shower doors and these thing slip into a slot or are they attached with a screw?
Just looked at mine which are still good and can't see how they attach?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Just curious. Do you have to remove all the shower doors and these thing slip into a slot or are they attached with a screw?
Just looked at mine which are still good and can't see how they attach?
You do have to pull the door(s). It really pretty easy:
Lower the panel(s) using the screw adjuster to bring the trunnion (doohickey that holds the wheel) so the trunnion is all the way against the top of it's bracket. This lowers the door panel, allowing the clip to be taken out of the lower track. Once the clips are free, pull the door away from the bottom a few inches and work the wheels out of the top track. The clips are wedged into a cutout on the bottom of the door frame. The bottom door frames are held in place with two screws, one on either side on the edge of the panel. Once the screws are out the bottom can be slipped off the glass. Simply remove the broken clip and slide a new one in place. Re assemble in reverse order. Sounds more complicated than it is.
NOTE: Try not to do it in mid afternoon in a covered coach when it's 100 degrees outside. Or you may be moping the sweat off the floor. Just saying!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:08 AM   #38

Quote:
You do have to pull the door(s). It really pretty easy:
Lower the panel(s) using the screw adjuster to bring the trunnion (doohickey that holds the wheel) so the trunnion is all the way against the top of it's bracket. This lowers the door panel, allowing the clip to be taken out of the lower track. Once the clips are free, pull the door away from the bottom a few inches and work the wheels out of the top track. The clips are wedged into a cutout on the bottom of the door frame. The bottom door frames are held in place with two screws, one on either side on the edge of the panel. Once the screws are out the bottom can be slipped off the glass. Simply remove the broken clip and slide a new one in place. Re assemble in reverse order. Sounds more complicated than it is.
NOTE: Try not to do it in mid afternoon in a covered coach when it's 100 degrees outside. Or you may be moping the sweat off the floor. Just saying!
Thanks for the tips especially the one about outside temps above 100 degrees.
I'm out of Arizona and in NM and its much cooler.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:15 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Thanks for the tips especially the one about outside temps above 100 degrees.
I'm out of Arizona and in NM and its much cooler.
Yeah, 'bout that! LOL!
Old 08-10-2020, 09:08 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw View Post
Generator is an issue, it does seem to overheat and shutdown. While driving.
do you still have links to the utube videos you watched. May have to try them out.

Will have to get more involved with the generator.
The fuel pump is cooled by the fuel. If the filter is restricting the flow, you get less cooling and may burn up the pump eventually. In the meanwhile, it can stall due to partial and intermittent starvation.

Even a filter that seems to be clear, i.e. you can blow air through it, can be partially block, I am told. Told by whom? A desert racer who has won the Baja. I take that as a credible source.
(formerly 2016 Georgetown 378XLF
Amateur Radio KA5GIL vhf/uhfonboard
CaptainJustice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown