Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #1

Good Sam ESP

If someone purchases this plan, how long is it in force.? They sent me a quote for $4389.00.. Is this just for a year?!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #2

I have a good Sam policy ..... it is for 6 years. I pay annually.
Tsmac43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #3
Always Learning

Mine is $90/month but I don’t know for how long. They got high regards from a service center who replaced a gray tank for me. They paid the $1,200 bill and I just my deductible.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #4

Tag as I'm considering this. Our TT is coming on the end of its extended warranty and the GSP quote is $26/mo.

Worth it?
JeffandLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:24 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
Tag as I'm considering this. Our TT is coming on the end of its extended warranty and the GSP quote is $26/mo.

Worth it?

No one can tell you that. Did you use the extended warranty? Do you use the rig often?

These are insurance plans and gambles, basically. The company is gambling that you won’t use it; you’re gambling that you’ll need it.

A lot of people say to put the same money into the bank and just pull from that if/when there is an issue.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #6

I bought the Goodsam extended service plan, good for 3 years but the 1st year was covered by the manufacturers warranty. Extended it after that and the price went up each year. It finally hit me, yeah I’m slow, that putting the money in the bank was a better option. The warranty did pay for a new chassis AC compressor BUT the total cost to me without the warranty would be less than 1 year of the GoodSam service policy. Now I pay as I go and am saving money.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam