Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #1

GT3 Questions

I just picked up my GT3 30x3 and have a few questions. Where is ladder for the electric bed over the cockpit? I have looked everywhere for one and can not find it. How does it attach to the bed? Also, is there an internal water filter as I can not find one. Thank you.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:31 AM   #2

The internal water filter should be in the "water closet" where you make all your water connections on the left side of the RV.
The ladder should be stored in one of the storage compartments or in the bed itself, or under the queen bed. if not check with the dealer, it may have been left out by the dealer.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:12 AM   #3

My bet is that the ladder is in the rear storage compartment held to the wall or ceiling with a strap, that is where mine is. Filter is right there by the sewage valves and water fill valves in the basement...as Chris said.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions but still did not find the ladder or water filter. The GTA model must be different. I contacted my salesman about the ladder. Maybe my model does not come with an internal water filter. I am also missing the bracket holder for the propane grill which the salesman is checking on. I love reading this forum and getting ideas. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #5

Ladder

The ladder on my GT3 is located in the rear compartment on the drivers side. It is strapped to the ceiling of that compartment. The water filter is behind the panel in the compartment for your water fill. Hope this helps you out.
Truckdogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #6

I too just bought a GT3 30x3 in March. Our salesperson told us the power bunk do did not come with a ladder. Also there is no external water filter. I have bought one of the aftermarket ones.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidcamper View Post
I too just bought a GT3 30x3 in March. Our salesperson told us the power bunk do did not come with a ladder. Also there is no external water filter. I have bought one of the aftermarket ones.

Thank you yensidcamper for your response. During our walk through the tech looked everywhere for the water filter and could not find it, and I also could not find it. I read on the FR3 forum that the newer ones did not have it either. I "assumed" there was a ladder so I did not ask during my walk through. I also called him and he is checking on it. My grand daughter was here this past weekend and we used a step ladder, but the problem is where to put it. We are doing our initial trip now and am sure I might have additional questions.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknviv View Post
Thank you yensidcamper for your response. During our walk through the tech looked everywhere for the water filter and could not find it, and I also could not find it. I read on the FR3 forum that the newer ones did not have it either. I "assumed" there was a ladder so I did not ask during my walk through. I also called him and he is checking on it. My grand daughter was here this past weekend and we used a step ladder, but the problem is where to put it. We are doing our initial trip now and am sure I might have additional questions.
We bought a smallish step ladder for my 200 lb 16 year old son. We got it at a local Costco for $19.99 and it works perfectly. It stores between the back bed and the wall when we are traveling. When we are parked it stores around the front seats or on the bunk itself when not in use.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:15 AM   #9

Rubber Seals

Keep a watch out on the rear rubber seal on the front slide. It likes to come loose and slide down when retracting the slide.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #10

Hi, also own a gt3 30x3 I talked with travis bird at forest river Georgetown. He said the ladder is not included we have to buy our own. I don't believe the GT3 has a water filter at least not where the water connections are.
caroltonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #11

Hi, has anyone put air suspension on a gt3 or fr3 we love the 30x3 floorplan but after our first trip my girls thought the ride was very bumpy. The camping world by us wants $1600 to install on our unit . Is it worth it? Any ideas or experience will help.
caroltonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:16 AM   #12

Thanks for everyone's reply. My dealer said no ladder and I looked everywhere and there is no water filter. I have been using the small step ladder from the house and it works fine as my granddaughter is tall enough to get up there with it. I don't understand why they do not supply a ladder but am fine with it now.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #13

Ladder

My GT3 came with a ladder mounted to the ceiling of the rear compartment on the drivers side.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:31 PM   #14

GT3 Questions

I'm an owner of a GT3. Has anyone had any mechanical issues since ownership? On the large slide-out, one of the motors broke while the slide was going out causing the slide to go out crooked. We had to call a Mobile service to get the slide back in, and he had a difficult time getting it back in.

We also added, Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bar, Safety T Plus, this has made a Hugh difference, this should be standard equipment when purchasing a motorhome.

One other question; I feel that the (dash) A/C isn't cold enough. I was told by the RV place I purchased the motorhome from that they checked it out and it's fine. I can't trust anything these people say due to being lied to so many other times, I thought I'd ask on this post before taking the coach to Ford.
Ready2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:23 AM   #15

My dash A/C will run you out of the seat even on low.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckdogg4 View Post
My dash A/C will run you out of the seat even on low.
Having worked on a lot of auto A/C's that running on low blower recirculate will give you the coldest temp but you have to be careful running really low blow speeds to keep the unit from icing up..

I will say that the big class A's dont do real good with the dash A/c because the air has to flow thru so many ducts to come out the vents
Old 07-31-2016, 02:35 PM   #17

[QUOTE=Ready2camp;1275776]I'm an owner of a GT3. Has anyone had any mechanical issues since ownership? On the large slide-out, one of the motors broke while the slide was going out causing the slide to go out crooked. We had to call a Mobile service to get the slide back in, and he had a difficult time getting it back in.

We also added, Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bar, Safety T Plus, this has made a Hugh difference, this should be standard equipment when purchasing a motorhome.

One other question; I feel that the (dash) A/C isn't cold enough. I was told by the RV place I purchased the motorhome from that they checked it out and it's fine. I can't trust anything these people say due to being lied to so many other times, I thought I'd ask on this post before taking the coach to Ford.[/QUOte

We have have our GT3 since April with no big problems. The "Idiot" lights are not worth looking at as they are never accurate (says 2/3 full after emptying). My two stainless steel sinks (bathroom and outdoor kitchen) have pockets of rust, so far the kitchen sink is good.
Our ride is very bumpy also. Did you install the Roadmaster Anti Sway Bar and Safety T Plus or did someone do this for you? Also how much did it cost?
Our dash a/c is good, except the vents under the dash on the passenger side get condensation and drip on the person's foot.
Thanks.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:46 AM   #18

Chucknvic: We too had a little rust in the outside kitchen sink so we always wipe it and the bathroom sink dry after using it. The add-on to the steering was expensive $3200 but worth it to us. The stress of driving it before the addition was awful and I've driven large commercial vehicles for 37 years. I can't believe motorhome companies sell their vehicles without them.
Ready2camp is offline   Reply With Quote