Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #1
Btm

GT5 31L5F picked up on Tuesday

We drove to Ponchatoula La. on Monday to trade in our FR3 28DS on a 2019
GT5 31L5F. After looking at other GT5's in this area we are more than pleased at the quality of this coach.
I am more than anal about loose screws,extra nails in trim,crooked doors,poor staining,etc. etc. My list of items to check before buying was 2 pages long.
The tech that was to show us about features and operations spent 2 hours with us. I let him go thru his normal routine and asked a few questions along the way. He operated everything,was very knowledgeable, friendly, and did not try to rush to finish. He covered EVERYTHING on my list and much more. the only
question I had was about the one way audio. Motor must be running and in reverse to work.
Only found 2 very minor things wrong. The fire ext is mounted too high and hits the passenger seat when all the way back and one piece of cut trim was not stained on the end. This coach has the best quality of any we looked at in the past.
I had plenty of bad and good road to drive on the way home. I do not see any need for CHF. On good road it drives well one handed.
I don't recall ever having a vehicle that didn't need some work. We feel very fortunate to have a motor home of this quality and have everything working correctly.
Thanks to our dealer and FR
Btm
CHF rear, CHF front, Sumo springs front
Btm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btm View Post
We drove to Ponchatoula La. on Monday to trade in our FR3 28DS on a 2019
GT5 31L5F. After looking at other GT5's in this area we are more than pleased at the quality of this coach.
I am more than anal about loose screws,extra nails in trim,crooked doors,poor staining,etc. etc. My list of items to check before buying was 2 pages long.
The tech that was to show us about features and operations spent 2 hours with us. I let him go thru his normal routine and asked a few questions along the way. He operated everything,was very knowledgeable, friendly, and did not try to rush to finish. He covered EVERYTHING on my list and much more. the only
question I had was about the one way audio. Motor must be running and in reverse to work.
Only found 2 very minor things wrong. The fire ext is mounted too high and hits the passenger seat when all the way back and one piece of cut trim was not stained on the end. This coach has the best quality of any we looked at in the past.
I had plenty of bad and good road to drive on the way home. I do not see any need for CHF. On good road it drives well one handed.
I don't recall ever having a vehicle that didn't need some work. We feel very fortunate to have a motor home of this quality and have everything working correctly.
Thanks to our dealer and FR
Btm
Congratulations on the new coach!

The fire extinguisher thing is really annoying. We had ordered a GT3 that didn't get built the way it was supposed to for us and the problem was even worse on it.
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
WhoDoMan

How where they on trade in value?
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:01 PM   #4
Btm

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoDoMan View Post
How where they on trade in value?
Trade in was about 2K better than here and M H was about 3K less

Btm
CHF rear, CHF front, Sumo springs front
Btm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #5

Congratz and many happy miles ahead to ya!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote