Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

GTown 330TS

Hi Guys! New to this forum, got the link from another forum.

I have a deposit down on a Georgetown 2011 330TS from a local dealer, waiting for their customer's new ordered rig to come in, upgrading to a DP from Thor. MY question is in general, owners of this model, how do you like or dislike, any maintanence issue to look for and opinion of Georgetown/Forest River support and customer service?

In advance, Thanks for any input.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #2

I purchased a 2010 330ts just two months ago (my first MH). The floor plan works well for the four of us (kids are 12 and 14). Overall, I'd say I have been pleased with the unit. Quality isn't the greatest, but it's definitely on par when compared to other units comparably priced.

FYI ~ as you're the second owner, don't expect much help from Forrest River.

If I were you, I would not accept the unit without thoroughly inspecting every inch of every orange hydraulic line. See the below post:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ses-15697.html

Read through the forums but remember, most people post when they have a problem. So don't get discouraged by the numerous complaints. Also, the folks on this forum are EXTREMELY helpful and have plenty of good advice. Take care and good luck!
lochsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #3

FYI
The black lines also have failures just above the crimp ends just like the orange ones.

What I would suggest on your final inspection to inspect everything.
Especially you want to use the hydralic system a lot before you leave.
Use the auto levelling sytems multiple times as well as take out and in all slides multiple times.
Go underneather after and see if you see any fluid leaks.
The leak usually starts out as a small spray. This is when the fluid gets between the inner casing and the outter casings. This is shown as the bubbling or blistering on the hose. The leak is actually at the crimped connector and leaks between the layers until pressure makes it fail completely.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #4

Thanks Guys! Will definitely check out the lines when the rig is ready (if ever, been waiting 2 months now)
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote