Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Had enough......going camping this weekend

We bought our rig last August. Went camping 3 times to get aquainted with it, made a list of things to get fixed (under warranty) and although we loved it, turned it into the dealer in October. Unfortunately, we couldn't do Florida over the winter like we had planned, so we told them to keep it, take their time and do it right, and focus on those that could go South.

Did another PDI and review of the rig last week. All repairs seem to have been made correctly, so now we're going to go out and play.

We picked a campground close to the dealer.........just in case, and the campground is closer than most places I would go to for a day ride on the motorcycle. Mother Nature isn't promising much, but we're going!!!!!!!

I'll let you know how we do.

You know what??? With the rain and temps Mother Nature is dishing out, this will just have to do for now. COME ON SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Yep Ken, it hasn't been a real nice spring on either side of the lake. Maybe next week will see the rain stop and we can all get out and start to enjoy our rigs. We did cheat a bit and took ours down to Hilton Head, SC, the week before Easter. Have you ever driven a 40' motorhome through an area with tornado warnings? We did and it was not a fun drive. I think I'll settle for our Western NY and Southern Ontario snow and rainy springs. At least we don't have to put up with the tornados, hurricanes, floods, and love bugs that much of the rest of North America seems to get.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

We got back home safe and sound and had a quick 2 days to check things out. The warranty repairs that were to be corrected over the winter were done and looked/worked fine. Even though we started out with Mother Nature calling for a so-so weekend, it turned out quite nice afterall........even warm enough to sit outside in T-shirts and indulging in a few bevvies!!!!!!!!!!!

Because the MH was still under warranty, I had the dealer winterize and de-winterize it. That way, they can't blame me for anything that Old Man Winter might have tried to freeze. The only problem when we got set up at camp..........someone had forgotten to de-winterize, and we had no hot water. Turns out the by-pass valves had not be changed over, and there was RV anti-freeze still in the system. When you're trying to explain which valve is in what position, laying on your back, looking up into a small access door, trying to work with someone over the phone at the same time..........well. Anyway, the dealer had a friend that was in the same park as us and hurried over to work things out for us. Problem solved.

Officially, we've started another camping season.

and yes........as much as we complain about the severity and length of winter and such up here in the North-East......I'm thankfull we don't have the tornadoes and destruction of those less fortunate farther South. And I certainly wouldn't want to be behind the wheel of any RV if the warning signs were up. Our thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote