Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2018, 01:38 AM   #1

Heat

Has anyone had a heating problem with the driver’s side floor vents? One the way home from the dealership, I discovered that I had no heat coming from diver’s side floor vent.
azino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
RJJ

I had heat coming from mine, but it was aimed at the outside wall. So it wasn't very effective, especially when driving in really cold weather. I repositioned it and it works fine for me now.
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
I had heat coming from mine, but it was aimed at the outside wall. So it wasn't very effective, especially when driving in really cold weather. I repositioned it and it works fine for me now.

I’ll check that. Thank you
Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azino View Post
Has anyone had a heating problem with the driver’s side floor vents? One the way home from the dealership, I discovered that I had no heat coming from diver’s side floor vent.
It would be helpful if you would put your make and model of your rig in your signature so we all will know what you're talking about.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post

2018 GT-5
Old 01-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #6

Quote:
2018 GT-5

I called the selling dealership and talked to the service department and they don’t know if a 2018 GT-5 has working floor vents for the driver and passenger. Does anyone have working heat vents to floorboards for a GT-5?
Old 01-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Are you talking about floor heating vents from the furnace or the floor directed vents off the engine while driving?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Are you talking about floor heating vents from the furnace or the floor directed vents off the engine while driving?

Floor vents from the engine.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

Ok...so I’m assuming you have dial selectors on the dash somewhere that... Heat can be directed to windshield, dash vents or to the floor?
You can select the temperature from cold to warm according to “blue” or “red”?
You can select fan speed to wherever?

Is there heat coming out at the floor on the passenger side?

BTW....this is on a FORD F53 platform?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:34 PM   #10

Quote:
I’ll check that. Thank you

I just got back from the second dealership and they had to reposition the vent duct on my unit and check the damper door. Everything is working correctly after the repair. It’s odd that some of these dealerships don’t seem to know their product.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #11

Quote:
I just got back from the second dealership and they had to reposition the vent duct on my unit and check the damper door. Everything is working correctly after the repair. It’s odd that some of these dealerships don’t seem to know their product.

Not really. They’re only good at selling them. Once out the door most could care less ( until your ready to buy another, then they’re your best friend).
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeFeo View Post
Not really. They’re only good at selling them. Once out the door most could care less ( until your ready to buy another, then they’re your best friend).

Unfortunately, your comments seem to be correct for some dealerships. It would be nice to have good sales and service.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #13

Heat

I hope I can remember this when I get mine back in the spring. I never checked the heat from the dash, since I never drove it in the winter. I have learned to check most things, but there is one I never thought to check. Thanks.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote