Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #1

Heat Pump Cycling?

Trying out the heat pump option on Atwood Air Command AC on our Georgetown 31b3. I am using the normal controls for A/C. We have a cool/dry/heat and fan option. Placing it on auto/heat it works quite well but it cycles a lot. Is that normal?
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #2

Looks like my heat pump will not run if the temps drop below 45. One thing the manual did not explain was when I select auto mode and heat the heat light stays solid red and the cool light blinks. I assume that blinking is telling me that it is below 45 because only the furnace comes on.
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
Trying out the heat pump option on Atwood Air Command AC on our Georgetown 31b3. I am using the normal controls for A/C. We have a cool/dry/heat and fan option. Placing it on auto/heat it works quite well but it cycles a lot. Is that normal?
yes
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
Looks like my heat pump will not run if the temps drop below 45. One thing the manual did not explain was when I select auto mode and heat the heat light stays solid red and the cool light blinks. I assume that blinking is telling me that it is below 45 because only the furnace comes on.
You are correct that the heat pump does not run below 45 degrees. It should be turning your furnace on at that point. I don't know what the blinking light means. I don't have one. You need to get out your AC manual and read up on that or post your AC model # and someone that has it can tell you.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump