Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2022, 04:41 PM   #1

HELP! 2011 378TS Slide Issues

Hello Forum Friends! We recently purchased a 2011 Georgetown 378TS about 2 months ago. We have been using it with ZERO problems until this last weekend. I went to extend the slides and both apposing slides in the living room started to come out crooked. Consequently the same thing would happen when retracting them. I ultimately had to have someone outside pushing on the end that was lagging behind to get the slide to come in straight. I find it odd that they would both act up at the same time and at the same way. The bedroom slide is working fine. Has anyone ever experienced this problem or similar. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Rick Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:04 PM   #2

I have a 2014 360DS. My front slide is a little off and never comes in 100% straight. Fully closed, the rear bottom is too pulled in and the front is a little poked out. This was an issue before I bought it apparently given the scuff mark on the rear floor and scraped up wall trim.

My system is hydrolic, and it appears that the slide rams can be adjusted a little. But, I haven't looked into how to do it.

It may just be a quirk of hydrolics. But, to answer your question: yes, it has happened to others.
risenphoenix71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:46 AM   #3

It may be that your batteries are low causing the hydraulic pump to not work at 100%. I'm assuming these are single cylinder slides of the HWH type. I would check the fluid level at the pump and go from there. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 08:07 AM   #4

The 2 front slides have 2 rams each the bedroom slide has a single ram. This is the procedure to adjust the extend/retract rams.
The RV Doctor: Lippert Slideout Adjustment
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The 2 front slides have 2 rams each the bedroom slide has a single ram. This is the procedure to adjust the extend/retract rams.
The RV Doctor: Lippert Slideout Adjustment
I located a seal leak on the big slide ram. Do you think that would effect the pressure to the other opposing slide. My thought is to replace that ram, top off the hydraulic fluid and run it.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
It may be that your batteries are low causing the hydraulic pump to not work at 100%. I'm assuming these are single cylinder slides of the HWH type. I would check the fluid level at the pump and go from there. JMHO
Running on shore power.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:57 AM   #7

Slides

Yes a bad O ring or an defective internal ram seal on one cylinder will affect the others. I had the same problem of the kitchen- residential refrigerator slide going out and coming in crooked. I was having to turn the valves off on the bad cylinder to put my slide in on my Cedar Creek. The bed slide was the bad cylinder. Had to replace 1 O ring and 1 cylinder. There is also a retro gear box reinforcement to keep the slide teeth aligned. I had the shop add that to mine, corrected problem.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 378ts, slide