Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2022, 09:30 PM   #1

Help, please…generator settings…

I am a new owner of a 2022 Georgetown GT 36D7. It is my first ever camper. So please pardon me if I am not as literate as some of you on this topic.

I have things running but think my generator runs too much. For example it wasn’t warm enough today to kick on the A/C so had the 3 ceiling vent fans running and the microwave time was displayed along with the LG refrigerator.

My unit also has solar on the roof; a converter and an inverter.

When the batteries reached 11v (the threshold I have set) the generator kicked on as expected. The batteries got up to 13.5v and I thought the generator would shut down…but after 2 hours it was still running and the batteries remained at 13.5v.

I may not understand but there are a couple of settings that I thought would come into play: Run Time and Max Run Time. I assumed that Run Time meant that unless things were still pulling on the batteries too hard, the generator would shut off after that time period (set at 1.5 hours now). I also assumed that the max run time was how long it would run if it continuously needed to charge the battery (set at 23 hours now).

I have quiet time set for 10p to 7a. This was early in the afternoon.

I have a Qnan 7000 Generator.

I would surely appreciate any assistance you all might offer.I feel like I must be missing a crucial bit of info.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:10 PM   #2
NXR

This video should help:

Lead acid batteries take a LOT of time to fully charge and 2 hours is nowhere near long enough. They also should not be allowed to drop below 12.0 volts. I have my AGS set to start when the voltage reaches 12.2 VDC.

What you think is the battery voltage may not actually be that. Yes, I know the icons show batteries but when the batteries are connected what you're usually seeing is the converter output voltage, because the converter charges the batteries.

Ray

Tags
generator