Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 07:29 PM   #1

Hidden things

Why in the world do they make so many things in the motor home so hard to reach? We wanted to use our washer and dryer last weekend for the first time. We didn’t use it after purchase last year so we were trying it out. My husband was able to squeeze his arm in to reach the cold valve but forget reaching the hot water valve for the washer. It’s so far back, neither of us could reach it. I think a woman needs to design these things!
LaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLisa View Post
It’s so far back, neither of us could reach it. I think a woman needs to design these things!
...Or someone who actually does laundry.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #3

I suspect that convenience is not super high on the priority list when it comes to valve placement in some trailers. I had an old Casita that required a panel to be unscrewed just to drain the fresh water tank. My Geo Pro is an ergonomic wonderland in comparison.
Greywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #4

ask a stranger's kid to come in and do it. Offer some candy. You'll be really popular at the campground after that.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #5

Yeah, my daughter, her husband and four grandkids were along and as it rained all weekend, we used that washer quite a bit. It was a good thing we had it after that game of shaving cream filled wiffle ball they played!
Old 06-04-2021, 10:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Why in the world do they make so many things in the motor home so hard to reach? We wanted to use our washer and dryer last weekend for the first time. We didn’t use it after purchase last year so we were trying it out. My husband was able to squeeze his arm in to reach the cold valve but forget reaching the hot water valve for the washer. It’s so far back, neither of us could reach it. I think a woman needs to design these things!
We got GT7 coming.

How as the washer, did it preform ok? Did it take the same about time to do a load as home?
KRMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #7
NXR

Quote:
The valves are primarily for the Georgetowns that are provisioned for the washer/dryer but it's not installed. In that case, the valves kind of keep your washer/dryer cabinet from being an inside fountain.

I think I saw a picture of a later model where the piping and valves were moved more towards the front of the cabinet, but I do not recall which model. It may depend on where the water pipes originate from underneath.

Ray
Old 06-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann View Post
We got GT7 coming.

How as the washer, did it preform ok? Did it take the same about time to do a load as home?
I was so surprised at how well it works. It does vibrate the whole motor home when spinning, but all in all we were pleasantly pleased. I had a bag of low suds detergent so I used that in it and everything came out clean. They cycle I was using was only 36 minutes long from start to finish. I'm really glad we chose a motor home with a washer and dryer, even for long weekends it makes life quite convenient.

When do you take delivery of your GT7? I don't know know anyone who has one so it'll be nice to see pics once you have it.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #9

Quote:
I was so surprised at how well it works. It does vibrate the whole motor home when spinning, but all in all we were pleasantly pleased. I had a bag of low suds detergent so I used that in it and everything came out clean. They cycle I was using was only 36 minutes long from start to finish. I'm really glad we chose a motor home with a washer and dryer, even for long weekends it makes life quite convenient.

When do you take delivery of your GT7? I don't know know anyone who has one so it'll be nice to see pics once you have it.
That's great to know. We plan to full time for a year or so before building our forever home so having a washer and dryer was a plus.

Hopefully in September. But who knows with the crazy RV market and shortages.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:14 PM   #10
NXR

Quote:
I was so surprised at how well it works. It does vibrate the whole motor home when spinning, but all in all we were pleasantly pleased.
"Vibrate" is OK as long as it's not actually shaking. Ours was so far off-balance that, when sitting outside, we could see the motorhome shaking. It caused the hold-down bracket on the back to shake right out of the wall and it caused the cabinet to partially collapse.

After the dealer repairs and cabinet rebuild, we can just feel it in the bedroom and we can feel some slight to moderate vibration up front when it's on its high speed spin cycle of 1,200 RPM but that's it.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ng-191503.html

We used ours exclusively on a four month three week trip this past winter. We never had to use a laundromat once.

Ray
Old 06-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
"Vibrate" is OK as long as it's not actually shaking. Ours was so far off-balance that, when sitting outside, we could see the motorhome shaking. It caused the hold-down bracket on the back to shake right out of the wall and it caused the cabinet to partially collapse.

After the dealer repairs and cabinet rebuild, we can just feel it in the bedroom and we can feel some slight to moderate vibration up front when it's on its high speed spin cycle of 1,200 RPM but that's it.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ng-191503.html

We used ours exclusively on a four month three week trip this past winter. We never had to use a laundromat once.

Ray
Once again a wealth of information.. Thanks Ray
Old 06-07-2021, 01:10 PM   #12

We're also waiting on our GT7. We have a VIN number so we're expecting it the end of July. Hope all goes well. So excited!
tsgm90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgm90 View Post
We're also waiting on our GT7. We have a VIN number so we're expecting it the end of July. Hope all goes well. So excited!
Outstanding.. When you get a VIN # must be getting close for sure. We are way out until September GT7. Keep us updated and post pics.. and more pics...
Old 06-07-2021, 02:56 PM   #14

[emoji1303]
Old 06-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #15

They were saying it would be "off the line" at the end of May, but we are not sure exactly what that means. They implied that paint comes after that. Do they drive it to the dealership? Ours will be the blue one. (a random dealer photo)Click image for larger version

Name:	20210303_151025.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	256408
Old 06-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #16

Sorry, not so related to the thread. I'm new to this forum thing.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #17

How exciting!! Can’t wait to see your pics. You’ll love it!
Old 06-07-2021, 06:46 PM   #18

We have the blue one, too. I always tell people it was meant to be since it’s Dallas Cowboys colors!!
Old 06-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #19

Quote:
We have the blue one, too. I always tell people it was meant to be since it’s Dallas Cowboys colors!!
Got same color coming as well..
Old 06-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMann View Post
Got same color coming as well..
I noticed the BBQ Champ in your signature. Not sure what you BBQ on, but we use a Traeger at home and bought the fold up travel model for taking in Georgette (our RV's name). It fits right into that double storage door on the passenger side. We use it for doing our bacon and sausage in the mornings, too. Keeps a lot of the mess out of the kitchen.