Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #1

Hit a deer

We'll we hit a deer in west texas last nite was able to slow to 50-55 after all the noise of it rolling under the coach, we stopped to have a look and see,,all it did was remove the wire grille, no other damage at all,but was looking today anyone know how the grille is attatched no holes for screws nothing? Ideas

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Glad you are ok. Double check to make sure there is no undercarriage damage in the daylight.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #3

Will do next week,suppose to warm up here then,cold,real cold in west tx now

Old 12-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #4

No damage under mh but as this happened at nite ,and cold I just looked at the grille it was toast so I just got it off the road and we went on, but after looking at the opening there is no mounting holes, brackets nothing as to mounts? So anyone get me a picture of how it mounts, waiting on new one 3-4 weeks out?? Oh a 2013 378xl thanks

Old 12-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwehba View Post
No damage under mh but as this happened at nite ,and cold I just looked at the grille it was toast so I just got it off the road and we went on, but after looking at the opening there is no mounting holes, brackets nothing as to mounts? So anyone get me a picture of how it mounts, waiting on new one 3-4 weeks out?? Oh a 2013 378xl thanks

That metal grille is attached by short wood screws.
If you look underneath you should see the small holes that attached it to the fiberglass front cap. The screws have a small washer and the screws just go thru the opening of the grill at about 6 places.
The main thing is to make sure you don't put long screws in that will penetrate thru the cap and show up as a ding on the outside.

Hope this helps you re-install the grille.
Have a great holiday season!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote