Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #1

Hooking up satellitetv to 2015 georgetown 378xl

Just got the tailgater and the only way we can get it to work is running a cable straight from the tailgater to the reciever. So the other 2 tvs are antenna only.
anna33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #2

tailgater

Try using the cable hookup in rear with splitter set to cable, that's how I did it.
Runnenbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #3

Ya we tried that. Last night we just ran our own cable...but thanks for responding...we will keep pressing on.
anna33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #4

I don't know just how your layout is, but if you hook your sat/dish cable to your cable connection, and then disconnect the coax cable from the splitter, and connect it to the sat/box on the in connecter, and then use a short coax cable from the sat/box out to the splitter cable in, and then you should be able to watch all TVs. Use the TV remotes that came with TVs.
Runnenbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #5

Smile

I called dish they sent a tech out. had to run a separate line to bedroom. dish will work on two tvs now. but they wont work with a splitter tech says it confuses the tailgater. I installed a thru the wall cable mount in the bedroom. can be purchased on amazon or ebay .
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
Satellite TV

I wanted to get satellite to the front and outside. I removed the antenna booster plate and found a three way splitter buried in the wall. The main TV is HDMI from the converter to the TV. I will need to put a 2way splitter from the converter box cable output to the front and exterior TVs. Next I will need to figure out some switching for when I want over the air and cable TV. Frank
Eaglelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #7

On my 2011 Georgetown 327DS, I disconnected the park cable input from the input selector switch box and ran it through an A/B switch. One side of the switch goes back to the switch box and the other goes to the satellite box. When I'm hooked up to a park's cable system, the A/B switch feeds the signal to the switch box. If I'm using the satellite dish, the other setting of the A/B switch feeds the able to the satellite DVR.

I handled the issue of getting HDMI signals to the TVs by using Realtec wireless HDMI boxes. The transmiter is fed from the satellite box and each TV has its own receiver box. Both TVs can be used at the same time but I'm limited to watching the same show from the DVR on both TVs. This isn't a problem because there'd be too much audio interference trying to watch different shows in the TVs. An alternative to using wireless HDMI is to get an RF modulator and feed the composite video (and audio) from the satellite box to the RF modulator then back to the switchbox to be distributed as a standard VHF channel to your TVs. I did this before getting the wireless HDMI boxes.

The wireless HDMI arrangement does let me use the satellite for one TV and local broadcast on the other at the same time.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378xl, georgetown, satellite