Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2022, 07:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
Just for y'all's knowledge.

We have a 2013 378XL and when I pulled the refrigerator out of its cubby hole, I had to remove all 3 doors. Easy job. I then measured the depth and found it would fit through our front door with ease. Two or three strong men could easily do it. The fridge is not heavy.
Good to Know. Thanks

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
Just for y'all's knowledge.

We have a 2013 378XL and when I pulled the refrigerator out of its cubby hole, I had to remove all 3 doors. Easy job. I then measured the depth and found it would fit through our front door with ease. Two or three strong men could easily do it. The fridge is not heavy.

Thanks for letting me know for sure that it has been done like that. I know my husband measured and remeasured and said it will fit thru the door. I told the dealership it will fit. I just hope they’ll go that route. Once it’s installed I will definitely post on here the results.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:09 PM   #23

Residential fridges come in two depths. The counter depth unit with the doors removed is less than the 27 inches of 2014 378 door. Bought mine at Lowes. They delivered to my campsite. Took several neighbors to get in, but all is well.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:30 PM   #24

Floor plan can help or hurt. Watched one fit easily through the door once 5 men lifted it over the island.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:15 AM   #25

I personally would have went with one of the new 12 volt compressor refrigerators. Knowing you will be hooked to power most the time you won't have to worry about draining your batteries. Also they are a lot lighter.
Joe M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M. View Post
I personally would have went with one of the new 12 volt compressor refrigerators. Knowing you will be hooked to power most the time you won't have to worry about draining your batteries. Also they are a lot lighter.

Thank you for your reply but I’m (and have been) very happy with the residential style.
Old 05-23-2022, 06:54 PM   #27

Ok everybody - I had PPL in New Braunfels, TX install my new refrigerator and run a new water line. They were wonderful! They removed the 3 doors and carried the old one out the door on its side like I said and removed the doors on the new one and carried it into the rv through the door. I watched them do it.

If you’re ever around these parts and need service, these people are great to work with!
Old 05-24-2022, 11:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
Ok everybody - I had PPL in New Braunfels, TX install my new refrigerator and run a new water line. They were wonderful! They removed the 3 doors and carried the old one out the door on its side like I said and removed the doors on the new one and carried it into the rv through the door. I watched them do it.

If you’re ever around these parts and need service, these people are great to work with!
That's great news! Glad you got it replaced and will be able to continue your journey. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:13 AM   #29

Youve got to question the repairmen when they say it has a freon leak. the majority of fridge failures are electronic, most of which is the motor relay and/or motherboard. Ive replaced both twice in my home fridge. If I had to guess it may be one or both of those. or something else. Thats just my take on it. most repair guys do not want to diagnose a failure properly.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator