Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

How to install satellite on GT 335

My wife and I are thinking of installing a Tailgater from Dish. I can see there is a satellite input on the back of the selector box, but I cannot find anywhere in any of my compartments a connection for satellite. Only cable. I don't want to put anything on my roof, which where I understand the satellite cable terminates. Can't believe FR didn't provide something. Every other RV I've owned had a separate satellite connection, usually right nest to cable input. Only option I can think of is to switch the satellite and cable inputs on the back of the selector box. Any other ideas?
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
My wife and I are thinking of installing a Tailgater from Dish. I can see there is a satellite input on the back of the selector box, but I cannot find anywhere in any of my compartments a connection for satellite. Only cable. I don't want to put anything on my roof, which where I understand the satellite cable terminates. Can't believe FR didn't provide something. Every other RV I've owned had a separate satellite connection, usually right nest to cable input. Only option I can think of is to switch the satellite and cable inputs on the back of the selector box. Any other ideas?
This is one way to get it done with a tailgater but will not provide HD. Must have HDMI for HD and it was not routed so settled for SD. Your existing install may not be like this so adjust accordingly if adopted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_Wiring_Diagram2.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	46547  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #3

We have a GT 360 - I hook my sat dish to the cable input connector in the rear left bin, and set the selector switch to Cable and it comes in just fine.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post

The SAT cable that comes to your switcher box is coming from the roof.
In mine it is over the passengers seat on the roof and is covered by a false vent. Under that you will find the coax and two wires for 12 volts.
This is used if you ever put a dome on the roof.

No I have a Tailgater and I use the regular hookup in the rear left compartment and will work with the VIP 211K DISH receiver.
I put my tailgater on my roof and chain it to my rear roof steps on top.

Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #5

If anybody would like HD on all of their TVs I am installing a wireless HDMI on my direct tv receiver and transmit HDMI to my rear bedroom tv without running HDMI cables. You can buy a transmitter and 2 or 3 receivers for all of your TVs.
I'll post my setup tomorrow and let y'all know how it turned out.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
If anybody would like HD on all of their TVs I am installing a wireless HDMI on my direct tv receiver and transmit HDMI to my rear bedroom tv without running HDMI cables. You can buy a transmitter and 2 or 3 receivers for all of your TVs.
I'll post my setup tomorrow and let y'all know how it turned out.
Always looking for new and interesting ideas.
We will be waiting for the pics.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #7

It's a shame that FR provided 2 beautiful HD TV's but provided no capability to get HD Satellite service. Don't understand why they didn't provide an HDMI. Last MH I had did.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #8

How to install satellite on GT 335

Here is what I used
An iogear wireless HDMI transmitter/switch. Between the tv and fireplace.
I now have HD in the living room, bedroom and outside. It has 2 HDMI inputs one HDMI output and a wireless receiver for the bedroom.
I can switch between the receiver and blue ray player. The transmitter is in the tv cabinet.
The nice thing about the iogear is it has a IR blaster so you can operate your devices in the living room from the bedroom.
I bought mine a B&H Camera online for 188.00 including shipping. I just plugged it in and it worked with no issues.
I thought about running cable to the bedroom till I got underneath the coach and realized it would have taken me all day and then some to install it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1393120893.230681.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	46640

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1393120908.699947.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	46641

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1393120941.917663.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	46642
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #9

If I put a sat dome on the roof of my GT 360 and hook the power chord and the cable in the false vent, how do turn the 12 volt power off when not camping?
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
If I put a sat dome on the roof of my GT 360 and hook the power chord and the cable in the false vent, how do turn the 12 volt power off when not camping?
Your dome comes with a control panel and you will need power for that. It will turn on and off the dome power.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Here is what I used
An iogear wireless HDMI transmitter/switch. Between the tv and fireplace.
I now have HD in the living room, bedroom and outside. It has 2 HDMI inputs one HDMI output and a wireless receiver for the bedroom.
I can switch between the receiver and blue ray player. The transmitter is in the tv cabinet.
The nice thing about the iogear is it has a IR blaster so you can operate your devices in the living room from the bedroom.
I bought mine a B&H Camera online for 188.00 including shipping. I just plugged it in and it worked with no issues.
I thought about running cable to the bedroom till I got underneath the coach and realized it would have taken me all day and then some to install it.
Attachment 46640
Attachment 46641
Attachment 46642

Good info wrapperman. Can you view different channels on two TV's at the same time? Will this work with a portable dome or does it require a rooftop dish?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #12

krazymace your first question, "Can you view two different channels". No, not on the model I bought but iogear does have a model that you can. You will need to search "IOGEAR wireless HDMI two different channels" and you may find it. If I come across it I will post or PM you. Your other question is the inputs to the unit come from the HDMI outputs of your units. ie... Satellite HD receiver, blue ray player, gaming console or other HDMI output.
My model is the GW3DHDKIT.
You may want to search YouTube videos for HDMI wireless switch. That is where I found my model. Great info on various models. Then search the internet for the cheapest price. Amazon and eBay were not the cheapest.
I have a Georgetown XL 378. And I can tell you what all I did to make everything work.
Let me know if you need any more info.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #13

Quote:
krazymace your first question, "Can you view two different channels". No, not on the model I bought but iogear does have a model that you can. You will need to search "IOGEAR wireless HDMI two different channels" and you may find it. If I come across it I will post or PM you. Your other question is the inputs to the unit come from the HDMI outputs of your units. ie... Satellite HD receiver, blue ray player, gaming console or other HDMI output.
My model is the GW3DHDKIT.
You may want to search YouTube videos for HDMI wireless switch. That is where I found my model. Great info on various models. Then search the internet for the cheapest price. Amazon and eBay were not the cheapest.
I have a Georgetown XL 378. And I can tell you what all I did to make everything work.
Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for your help

Tags
satellite