Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #1

Ice maker water line

Opened the bay door right below the slide out with the refer in it on my XL377TS and there was a big puddle of water in the storage bay. Pulled the celeing panel and found the ice maker water line was kinked in three places and leaking from one of thos kinks. Shut the ice maker water line off and cleaned up the water. Have never had a problem with this before when moving the slide in and out. I think it us a poor design and needs a more flexible line. I am going to try to find a coiled line or a stainless line to replace it. If not it will go back to the dealer as it is under warranty but right now I am in a South Dakota and my dealer is in Ohio. Won!t be back in Ohio for a couple if days. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 05-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #2

I have the same issue with our 377. It is back in the shop for the 2nd time for the water line. It is a very poor design, also the steel bracket that holds the conduit that the water and power lines run thru also broke off and Jammed the slide. It is held in place by a nut that had been tac welded to the steel brace between the cylinders. They welded a painted nut on ours, this is why the weld failed. Hope they get it right this time.
revflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #3

mine too

We just got back from our first long trip to Co. when i found the same problem. Ice maker water line leaking.
added it to the list of warranty repairs needed. Just turned our coach in for that repair.
swimref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Recflyer the same bracket got jammed on mine as well and in the process broke the tubing. I am out of warranty (6 months) do you know if they had to pull the wire out from the source or there is Junction box somewhere close by? If they have to pull it from the source it will cost me a bundle.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #5

There is a junction box in the same compartment. It is behind a plastic cover next to the cover that covers the ice maker shutoff valve.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #6

Goergew48 thanks I think you just save me a whole lot of money, the dealer we stop by to get it fixed told me those wires run all the way to the source. (I had my doubts ) meaning lots of work hours to get it fixed. He will get back to me tomorrow with an estimate. He has my rig so I Cant check it now but if he come back tomorrow with more then a couple of hours to get it fixed I will run out of there. Again thanks your my hero for the day.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #7

water line

Dealer is telling me the same as you that the lines run all the way back to the breaker panel. Mine is still in the shop and should be out on Wednesday so will let you know. I didn't care this time as I'm still under warranty. You should check to see if the weld broke on the nut that holds the bracket and make sure they don't use a painted one. If the weld did break and the nut was painted I would ask forest river to cover it. They should never weld to something that's been painted.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #8

Revflyer juste ruined my evening. I was hoping there was. Junction box. Easy job then.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:35 PM   #9

There could still be junction box, this is what they told me when I dropped it off, but I did talk with the service tec manager as I wanted to show him where the weld broke on the bracket. He did not know for sure, but thought the wiring went all the way to the panel.

2015 Georgetown xl 377 towing a 2015 ford explorer xl. Seattle area
Old 05-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #10

Sūre hope your right or it will cost me $$$$$$$$
Old 05-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #11

Revflyer did your rig got out of the shop if so did they tell you if the cables run all the way to the breakers or not?

Old 05-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #12

Just got it back today, the tec told me he had to take it loose from the breaker and pull it all the way out to the slide. then he fixed the bracket and then reran the wire. He remove the vent for the furnace in the bedroom to be able to fish the wire back to the breaker. The sad part is the water line looked ok at the dealers, but when I opened the slide at home it was kinked in 2 places. IM so mad I can't see right now.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #13

Rev flyer thanks I was told today it would be a 6 hrs job at 135$/ hr. Plus parts. So around 1000$ grrrrr if there was a junction box I would have done it myself but without it don't think I would want to get into that. I tried to get a hold of FR for 1 1/2 to have them help me out and nobody has returned my calls or my emails. Bunch of clown. I think I'll go shopping for a new rig this weekend FR are so useless.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #14

Just pulled both covers off in that compartment and there is a junction box as georgew48 said in his post. They out and out lied to me, don't see where it would be that hard to do it yourself. I'm looking for a better way to run that water line.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #15

Ice maker water line

What rig do you have? 377 like mine I think right?

Old 05-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #16

This is so weird, your dealer and the dealer here both saying there is no junction box and those are one long cables going to the breakers but obviously it is not the case. Weird weird weird

Old 05-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #17

Dennis, we have a 2015 377xl that we bought new in feb of this year. we are in the seattle area and are dealing with Poulsbo RV. To pull the covers off you do need a square drive for the screws. the covers are on the right side and you take the longer one off first then you will find the junction box behind the smaller one.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #18

Then I will tell the dealer here to not fixe it and I'll do it myself. All I need its pull those cables out pull then back through the pipping and the elbows and reconnect easy. Don't think that is a 6 hr job. I am now in Ottawa Canada did not have choice in stopping here but think the dealer is just trying to still my wallet.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #19

Rev flyer thanks appreciate your help just saved me A bunch of $$$$$$$

Tags
water