Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #1

Installing new seat covers today

Ssince it is 19* here now and we have the rv. nice and warm,think we will change the seat covers that we finally got Fri ,ordered sept15 read on here to use a spray adhesive is that needed?
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:14 AM   #2

Also how do the armrest come off
Old 12-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #3

Push the armrest in at the swivel point (push in hard) while rotating up and toward the rear of the seat (180 deg from the normal down position).

We took our seats out (4 bolts each) and worked in our heated garage. For our replacements we needed access to the underside to place the hog-rings.

We didn't use any spray adhesive and ours are holding up just fine. 6 months and one trip (Florida, I-10 across the southern states, Carlsbad, Grand Canyon, Colorado, Wisconsin, then back to Florida)
Old 12-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #4

Got pass side done,when doing armrest wrap the armrest with some of the thin plastic sheeting goes on lots easier
Old 12-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #5

Where to get seat covers?

Our Georgetowne with only 9000 miles already needs seat covers. Where did you get them from?
FarGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #6

I replace mine a couple of days ago,they look nice.On one set of covers half of the clips was missing.took them off the old and sew on to the new.I sew the bottom on,did not have the tool to put the staples on.Use some heavy fishing line.
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:34 PM   #7

Also I had to take the foam form the top of the old and put in the new.Cut a slit in the new to put the foam in.
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarGra View Post
Our Georgetowne with only 9000 miles already needs seat covers. Where did you get them from?
Just curious, is the quality of the oem seat cover so bad? We are considering purchasing a Georgetown and this would make me re- think that purchase.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover