Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2017, 11:25 PM   #1

Installing solar panels on the roof what is the best way to run the wires

I'm installing new solar panels, but not sure the best place to drop the wires.

I looked and I saw some people used the top of the fridge vents in other RV's not a georgetown, but when I looked, it appeared that we need to drop the line from the vent, which drops me behind the fridge where I can fish it from the vent outside the rig behind the fridge, which means I need to drill through that which should get me down into the compartments which means I have to drill through 3 of compartments to get to the battery. This doesn't look good at all.

A better way may be go all the way down behind the fridge inside the rig (but I don't know hot to get there, which will give me the ability to snake it behind the stove and through the kitchen and down into a compartment to the left of the door. I maybe wrong and drilling through the outside vent will actually drop me to the back of the fridge not the outside compartment.

Is there a better place to drop the wires?
Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #2

Did you ever figure this out? I’m looking to do the same, just at a loss as to how. Let me know thanks.
kskgpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #3

Best way is the shortest route to your batteries. Not sure which Georgetown you have, but we have a 378 and came down from the roof to the cupboard above the front door, thru that cupboard to behind the fridge then straight down into the bay to the left of the front door as you look at it. That way we were right next to the batteries which are under the front door steps.

Carol K
ckrkrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
2013 Georgetown XL 377

I snaked my wires down the awning track (right side of my entry door), drilled a hole in the floor and my house batteries are right there under my steps. my solar generator is in the 1st bay left of my house batteries.
Georgetown377 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, solar, solar panel