Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #1

Interior lights and Water Pump

Can you tell me what, if any interior lights work off the battery? Also should the waterpump work off the battery? I am sure the lights and waterpump as well a the gauge for the tanks etc worked off the battery but that's not the case at least not at the momemt. Any ideas what might be wrong. Everything works when plugged into 120. I checked the battery cables etc. and everything looks ok.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
blackshadowk1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #2

12 Volt power

I have a 2008 Georgetown 335SE. All my interior lights; water pump; furnace' awning (power) all work on 12 volts. When your coach is plugged in; the converter simply converts 110ac to 12 volt. You may notice your interior lights are a little brighter when it;s plugged in and the water pump runs a little faster. If your ligths are not working when it's unplugged from 110 ac; then your battery disconnect switch located in the stairwell is turned off; or your batteries are discharged.. If you only had a blown fuse; only those things on that circuit would be affected (not everything). It rerally sounds like your disconnect switch is engaged. There should be a rocker switch to the left of the stairwell. You should see connect and disconnect. Push it to connect and then try your lights with it unplugged.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #3

Well covered by Crossfire. Everything in your rig except for the microwave, air conditioner and your entertainment systems work on 12volts.

X2 here on the battery disconnect being turned off.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #4

My entertainment system works on 12v, as well! Concertone ZX600, and 22" Venturer HDTV, surround sound system, too. ONLY micro. and AC not functional on 12v. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #5

Thanks alot Crossfire - you were correct, somehow we must have touched/hit the disconnect switch. This is our first motorhome have had it for about a month and are still learning. It's people like you that make this an excellent forum for learners like me. Thanks again. Have a Great Day.
blackshadowk1937 is offline   Reply With Quote