Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #1

Is the Rear Day/Night Shade Factory Installed on a GT 377TS?

Purchased a used 2017 Georgetown XL 377TS. Part of the sale was the replacement of the missing rear window Slow rise Day/Night shade. Got a call stating that this shade was never there and came from the factory without one since that window is marked as an emergency exit.
Took delivery last weekend and upon further inspection, I can see the mounting hardware for where a shade would have been installed is present leading me to believe that it was there but got removed. Searched all over to see if it was stowed somewhere but nothing. Based on my searches of other GT's and the presence of the mounting hardware, I believe this shade was factory installed and should be replaced per my sales agreement.
Before I call BS on the dealer, can anyone confirm or deny the dealers claim of no shade was factory installed due to the emergency window exit?
martincsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:35 AM   #2

yes, of course it should be there... whether an emergency exit or not, a shade will not prevent you 'using it' if needed....your Dealer is giving you some 'false' information, call Forest River.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #3

My GT 378 has the rear bedroom and yes that window is an emergence egress window but it also has a curtain and day/night shade. Privacy is primary (especially at night) it's a bedroom.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:59 AM   #4

May be obvious, but maybe not... Once they do replace it, be sure it's a day / night as you agreed to and not just a night shade. And be sure it matches well with the rest of the camper.

I've replaced a few day / night shades and they can be expensive.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.
A bedroom with no window covering? What BS will a dealer dream up next?
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #6

Here is what I got when I contacted FR directly.

"Thank you for your email regarding the rear shade on a 17 377XL Georgetown. This is correct, the rear window, with it being an escape window cannot be obstructed even by a shade".

Still sounds like BS but I can't fault the dealer when the manufacturer confirms this. I will spend the 200$ and install it myself.

I will be sure to look in a new model at the dealer next time to see what similar models have in them for the back window.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #7

I have seen 377's with day/night shades (manual) but also regular roller shade. Without some sort of shade your world is open to the outside at night.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by martincsm View Post
Here is what I got when I contacted FR directly.

"Thank you for your email regarding the rear shade on a 17 377XL Georgetown. This is correct, the rear window, with it being an escape window cannot be obstructed even by a shade".

Still sounds like BS but I can't fault the dealer when the manufacturer confirms this. I will spend the 200$ and install it myself.

I will be sure to look in a new model at the dealer next time to see what similar models have in them for the back window.

I guess we will all be removing the installed shades from our emergency exit windows. Should be able to pick up shades cheaply on eBay when the glut hits the market.
dhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #9

Shade

Just purchase 2018 Shasta Phoenix 370FE has rear bedroom with large window that is also EMER EXIT it has night shade and its FR product
stujoejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #10

Rear Shade

I have a 2017 377TS and yes it came with a rear day night roller shade along with a valance.
If by chance you don't get the dealer or FR to put you one in (which they should) go through Dyers Online to get one. They are less expensive than Shade Man and have free shipping.
I just ordered one to go over my hallway windows.
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:55 AM   #11

I am looking to order mine through Dryer. Best price I can find. Any way to confirm the color of the nightshade? I think mine is Champagne. Looked on the other shades to see if there are any markings but nothing I can see to ID the model or color.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #12

Just purchased GT5 31L5 and it came with day/night shades for rear window.
LBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, led