Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #1

Jacks down wont retract

Sigh, jacks went up but light still saying down. Put jacks down again and now they wont go up. Lippert maes awesome components. Stuck waiting to see if coachnet can help me.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #2

Which system do you have?
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
Sigh, jacks went up but light still saying down. Put jacks down again and now they wont go up. Lippert maes awesome components. Stuck waiting to see if coachnet can help me.

One scenario I had with a Lippert system I had was a electronic failure at the pump/motor skid. Mine was located under the steps with pink fluid filled tank. Between the tank and the pump motor are lots of wire connectors. Locate the black and white wires connected into the pump manifold on the side of the assembly, not the top. May have to pull back some wire armor to find it.
This wiring is 16 or 14 gauge and controls pump oil fwd or reverse flow. If you can remove connector and all hydraulics will retract with normal button. If you reconnect. All items will extend. I had to do it this way for months, till FR located cable.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

fullenw

I can't post a picture but look to see if the 100amp breaker has tripped. It's a small square plastic encased unit about 1"X 1" in size usually located on the vertical wall behind the entry steps.

Sometimes if you over do things with your hydraulics this breaker will trip.......you may even see a small plastic tab (sometimes red in colour) sticking out from the side. Just push it back in to reset.

Report back so we can see if things are working with our suggestions.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #5

Check these threads for possible help.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-102073.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...oss-99328.html

Post #5 and 11
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...own-87180.html

LOTS of info on the forum you might want to do an advanced search for Leveling, Jacks, Hydraulic etc.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Check your fluid level and the 100 amp DC breaker that supplies power to the pump motor.

Here is a picture of mine. If the small arm is out it is tripped. Push it back in.
Check your batteries cause low battery voltage makes this trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	107952  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #7

Yah it's not the breaker. Tried the wire trick and nothing still. Motor will lower Jacks more but not raise it just whines.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #8

Check the ground connection for the jack. One would not retract as I took delivery. They finally found a loose ground wire. Glad it happened before I got it home.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #9

Have you tried resetting the system? You can release the parking brake and see if the jacks will emergency retract.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:11 PM   #10

What level is the hydraulic tank ?
If the motor will lower Jacks more but not raise it just whines it sounds like its turning.

If your level is too low it may not have sufficient fluid to do the job.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:31 AM   #11

I've tried all these things. These are great suggestions. I'm not sure about the ground wire thing. I had more than enough fluid.

The jacks finally came up after much fiddling. I do see there is a small leak in the housing of the unit. The jacks finally started coming up on their own but very slowly. It never did register as "jacks up". I got the motorhome back home while it flashed errors the whole way.

I will call the dealer and go from there. Hoping that extended warranty finally pays off.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #12

to the dealer on the 2nd of June and then a week before they look at it. I'll try to reply back to the thread when I get some idea as to what happened for you guys that are interested.

Thanks for all the suggestions, you guys rock!
Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #13

System reset

I had similar problem with GT335. I overextended jacks and tripped breaker as Iggy was saying. I then had to reset breaker and the system. Reset system by holding all four directional buttons (front, back and both sides) in at same time for 4-5 seconds. Everything worked fine after that.

Good luck, you'll probably have to show dealer how this is done!!!

2018 Georgetown 369DS
2017 Cherokee Trailhawk
DAB2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB2014 View Post
I had similar problem with GT335. I overextended jacks and tripped breaker as Iggy was saying. I then had to reset breaker and the system. Reset system by holding all four directional buttons (front, back and both sides) in at same time for 4-5 seconds. Everything worked fine after that.

Good luck, you'll probably have to show dealer how this is done!!!
Was wondering if you were monitoring Denny - was going to call you since I knew your experience!
Old 05-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #15

Nah I think i'm way beyond a simple reset. There is definitely a small slow leak and I want that addressed. If there is a known issue with wiring then they can figure that out also.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Nah I think i'm way beyond a simple reset. There is definitely a small slow leak and I want that addressed. If there is a known issue with wiring then they can figure that out also.

Good move on the slow leak. Chances are it's a seep in the seal between the pump and motor. Eventually the oil will accumulate and cause the motor to overheat and fail. This a well documented Lippert system problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-20-2016, 02:49 AM   #17

Mobile tech was pretty fast to see that the computer had lost its way and reset the system. He punched a bunch of stuff on the control pad and turned the ignition key on/off several time and then reset the auto level. Everything works but I still have the leak to deal with. He is still looking into that.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Mobile tech was pretty fast to see that the computer had lost its way and reset the system. He punched a bunch of stuff on the control pad and turned the ignition key on/off several time and then reset the auto level. Everything works but I still have the leak to deal with. He is still looking into that.
Here is the procedure from the manual if it happens again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveler_Zero_Level.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	108443  
Old 05-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #19

I am more afraid of what the cost of fixing the leak would be. He took some pics and said he would email lippert about it. In the meanwhile i'm fine sitting at my normal camp spot for awhile.

I have a warranty thru united service protection corp? but i'm not sure its worth anything.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #20

Quote:
I am more afraid of what the cost of fixing the leak would be. He took some pics and said he would email lippert about it. In the meanwhile i'm fine sitting at my normal camp spot for awhile.

I have a warranty thru united service protection corp? but i'm not sure its worth anything.

True to form, Lippert will quote in the area of 1,400 for the pump/motor assembly. "Can't be overhauled". Locate the Lippert pump overhaul in the IRV2 forum class A section Monaco. Complete instructions with photos. Total cost of overhaul less than 20 for parts, maybe 6-8 hours of labor. Even if you can't do it, bring it to a hydr shop with the directions. Don't wait till the motor smokes.

Tags
jacks