Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2021, 04:41 PM   #1

King satellite install

We have a 21 GT7 and am getting ready to install a King dome and Wally boxes. Has anyone done this install? Where did you place your Wally receiver? Is there a single or two coaxes under the access dome on the roof above the driver?
Thanks in advance!
D&T On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
Commercial Member

King Satellite Install

Please see coax print attached. I'm hopeful this helps! I do not have any working knowledge on satellite's, LOL.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Coax Print Georgetown.pdf (225.7 KB, 74 views)
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:34 AM   #3

Just connected mine last night. I put the Wally box above the TV. I installed a splitter so when I don’t have he satellite connected I can still watch OTA TV. This also allowed me to use the HDMI instead of the lower quality RCA connections.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 11:52 AM   #4

D&T - Did you get your King Dome and Wally installed successfully? I have a 22 GT7, so I'm looking at the same issues you were. Where did you put your Wally? Also, in looking at the provided coax print it states the dome is over the passenger side where I believe mine is on the driver's side. Coax and wiring look pretty straight forward but the Wally location isn't. Did you have any issues with the Dome install? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ejcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #5

Seems like the Wally location would be dictated by where the other end of that roof top coax is routed. Just a note: the Wally can be mounted in any orientation and the remote is RF so walls, etc. are not an issue. But you probably know this.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply since this is an old post. No, I didn't realize the Wally was RF so it can go in the cabinet above the sink with the rest of the AV controls. That and the COAX print provided answer most of my questions for now. Of course, when I actually get to the install there may be more. Any advice on the Dome install that I may not consider?
ejcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 01:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcalhoun View Post
Thanks for the reply since this is an old post. No, I didn't realize the Wally was RF so it can go in the cabinet above the sink with the rest of the AV controls. That and the COAX print provided answer most of my questions for now. Of course, when I actually get to the install there may be more. Any advice on the Dome install that I may not consider?
I use a carryout and the park cable port for Dish. This does alleviate the issue with trees (most of the time) and a fixed antenna for me but everyone is different.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite