Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeest View Post
We recently bought our 2015 Georgetown and have tested and used our leveling jacks multiple times but now they won't work. I've combed the troubleshooting guides for tips and answers but nothing has worked so far. The LCI control pad just continues to flash/beep (in different configurations) and shows jack not retracted...but they all appear to be fully retracted. I filled the fluid, nothing. I tried to "set zero", unsuccessful. Thought it might be a breaker but can't see a breaker in the general panel...is there a separate breaker location for the jacks?

Any other tips or thoughts out there? Thanks all!
Hello, Beeest!

Not sure what is your coach model, so I just share with you my experience, and hope that you could figure out from here on.

My coach is 2016 Georgetown XL 352QS with 4 hydraulic slides and 4 hydraulic jacks. On my first shake down trip 200 miles round trip, the odometer was at 1250 miles, at the campground when I tried to retract all slides and jacks so we could depart for home when I released the parking brake, the LCI panel keep flashing "Jack Down" while all slides and jacks are fully retracted. Could not get any help from FR because that was on Sunday. Since all slides and jacks were retracted, I left the campground and drove home which is about 100 miles from the campground. The LCI panel beeping at me every 10 minutes. Once I got home, all well, thank God. I called LCI the next morning, and they told me this:

- The hydraulic valves that I have maybe defect. One of the O-Ring may be leaking and does not hold the pressure. The system must have at least 2300psi pressure to hold the jacks and slides in place, otherwise, the only message that you will get from the LCI panel is "Jack Down" flashing when you release your parking brake.

I called the local dealers and every one of them told me that they would put me on the bottom of the list because I bought my RV from other city and not from them. The time frame to fix it could take 3 to 4 months.

That said, I went to one of the nearby campgrounds and look for a "mobile service" guy and end up become friend with him because his rate was much cheaper than the dealer would charge. He gave me the rate of $75 per hours instead of $150 or more at the dealership, and he fixed my problem right at my yard.

Here is the problem, in order to fix my hydraulic problem, I have to have FR sent me a new valve system since it is still under warranty. It took FR 6 weeks to get the complete valve and pump system sent to me and my mobile service guy spent about an hour to put it on to replace the defective one.

For your case, if the coach is not under warranty, you may have a service guy to "rebuild the valve" which take much lesser time to wait for the part as well as would be the cheaper route to go.

What you need to do first is to do it yourself or have the mobile service person to put a pressure gauge on your hydraulic system to make sure that you have enough pressure to hold the system. If it is less than 2000 to 2300 psi, it would definitely be the valve.

Hope that you have the problem figured out soon.

Note: After I had the whole hydraulic valve and motor replaced, the coach performed beautifully and flawlessly. I have had number of slides and jacks extended and retracted and so far, I am very happy with it... "knocked-on-wood".

Good luck.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #22

Thank you tamale! This is great to know and I've already tracked down a good mobile rv repair guy (just in case he's needed in the future) because I know how slow and speedy the dealer/repair shops are. Glad all worked out for you and your rig!
Beeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #23

Haha, Tamdle (not tamale!) [emoji23]
Beeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Some of my friends called me that too...

Hope you resolved your issue soon so you could be back on the road again!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Some of my friends called me that too...

Hope you resolved your issue soon so you could be back on the road again!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Okay....just to confirm...

Unless Georgetowns have changed (mine is a 2010 model).....

The levellers and slides both use the same hydraulic fluid reservoir.
Levellers can ONLY be deployed or raised with engine running and parking brake firmly applied.
Slides can ONLY be deployed or retracted with engine off.
To assist all electrical/hydraulic components associated with slides, make sure to have your rig powered by the onboard generator or connected to park supplied power outlet of 30amp minimum. (maybe 15 or 20 amp will work)

Anything different with the newer models?
Engine does not have to be running to deploy levelers and engine can't be running to operate slides. The ignition switch needs to be in the on position (first stop) to power up the leveler control panel. If the engine is not running there will probably be a "low voltage" error illuminate (even if the genny/shore power is applied) but the levelers will function till the battery voltage gets to low. Yes, the engine running is the way it should be done for leveling.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #27

kenandterry, My 2015 GT works that way also.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #28

Battery breakers

One point about the 100A breakers. They have a piece that should pop out when they are popped. Sometimes they can pop and the piece may not go out all the way (do not ask me how I know this).

Also put a volt meter on the breaker, you will see 12 V on both sides. Pop it, you will see 12V on one side, and 0V on the other side. I has one breaker that still passed 12V when "popped". Got it replaced under warranty.

LCI really needs to have some type of warning when the pump has no voltage. I had to cancel a trip when this happened to me. Sometime later i found the popped breaker, life was good then.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:26 AM   #29

leveling system not working

I have exhausted a lot of time and effort in trying to get my leveling system to work LSI by Lippert. We have replaced the operating panel, the control board and still not getting it to work properly. I can set it on auto and the front jacks come down and continue until at end of stroke and still the rear jacks don't come down. I am hearing fluid going over the reliefs on the front jacks. I turn it off and the front retract. Not sure what is happening. Got all of the lights to stop blinking but cant get it to auto level. Please help me.

2015 Georgetown 387XL Coach.
Mike9224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #30

Can you level it in manual mode?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #31

Great update

Seems I have the same problem with my pump as well. Dealer did a painful diagnosis and found the valves were not holding correct pressure. LCI has really given them the Royal run around about getting parts... 3 weeks and counting in hopes they are sent next week like they said it would be. Biggest Problem, LCI wont send to the Dealership they have to send to Forest River THEN to the Dealer service Dept.. We shall see how this goes.
Glad to hear about the breaker in the Battery Box didn't know about that either, simple things that could be in a troubleshooting guide, but then they would be making $150/hr then to reset a breaker.

This forum definitely worth it for sure
gjldel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #32

leveling system not working

I finally took it on myself to start from scratch and went to the installation manual went square one through the whole installation process. After resetting the entire system again was able to get satisfactory solution and I am up and running. Too bad, that LCI couldn't of offered this to me or the service guy some help so I didn't have to do this chore myself. Bad news, it took two months to get to this solution. Good news is that I learned an awful lot by ending up fixing the problem myself after getting the working parts.
Mike9224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjldel10 View Post
Seems I have the same problem with my pump as well. Dealer did a painful diagnosis and found the valves were not holding correct pressure. LCI has really given them the Royal run around about getting parts... 3 weeks and counting in hopes they are sent next week like they said it would be. Biggest Problem, LCI wont send to the Dealership they have to send to Forest River THEN to the Dealer service Dept.. We shall see how this goes.
Glad to hear about the breaker in the Battery Box didn't know about that either, simple things that could be in a troubleshooting guide, but then they would be making $150/hr then to reset a breaker.

This forum definitely worth it for sure
I have the same problem with the LCI Hydraulic Valve Assembly when the unit was only 1250miles, 1 month after brought the band new unit home and only drove 100 miles.

Here are what you need to expect: Took LCI 2 days to help my mobile tech to diagnosed the problem and determined that the valve assembly was the issue. The mobile tech came to the house and work on my RV at my home I hate dealership. Took FR 2 weeks to determine the model of my valve assembly then order the replacement from LCI. Took 1 week to make the valve assembly, 1 week to ship it to FR, 1 week to ship it to me, took 2 hours for my mobile tech to install it. Now the unit has almost 6,000 miles, I am in the middle of a 2 months trip, have been extended and retracted the slides and jacks few dozen times and everything works beautifully.

The bottom line is, I know that you are frustrated, but thing will end well and you will be happy.

Have a wonderful time!

Cheer.

Tags
jacks, leveling