Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #1

leak in compartment below water heater

I have the Georgetown 378. I have a leak coming from the compartment just under the water heater. Does anyone know what's under there? I think it's just water but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I call a service repairman.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
I have the Georgetown 378. I have a leak coming from the compartment just under the water heater. Does anyone know what's under there? I think it's just water but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I call a service repairman.
We have a 2009 (built in 2008 though) 378 and the water heater is actually built into a compartment not above one. Follow this link to a post I made earlier in the year on how to access the water heater inside this compartment.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Mine is a 2007 Georgetown 370. Water heater is like NWJeeper stated that it's in a compartment by itself. It could be the piping going to the water heater or the bypass valve may be leaking.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #4

Thanks NWJeeper, I think I might need to call a service person. I'm not all that much of a DIY. I'd like to be but I've often called a mechanic after I've screwed something up worse myself. I'm just not that handy.

I've called a local guy here that comes out to my site but charges an $80.00 service call just to come out. It sometimes is more convenient than having to moving the RV to a service mechanic. We are full-timers so we have a lot of stuff to move when we go to move the RV.

I think Forest River could really have done a better job of coming up with a manual to help people with their RV. We got a bunch of separate manuals for different things, but they need one big manual to tie everything together. But I'm sure they don't do it to save on costs.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
Thanks NWJeeper, I think I might need to call a service person. I'm not all that much of a DIY. I'd like to be but I've often called a mechanic after I've screwed something up worse myself. I'm just not that handy.

I've called a local guy here that comes out to my site but charges an $80.00 service call just to come out. It sometimes is more convenient than having to moving the RV to a service mechanic. We are full-timers so we have a lot of stuff to move when we go to move the RV.

I think Forest River could really have done a better job of coming up with a manual to help people with their RV. We got a bunch of separate manuals for different things, but they need one big manual to tie everything together. But I'm sure they don't do it to save on costs.
Understandable Georgetown50. For what it's worth none of the Fleetwoods or Winnebagos we or my father has owned over the years came with a good manual either.

There is a member here that is thinking of starting a web site with a total database of information on the Georgetowns only. Hope he goes through with it. It would be nice to have a complete online database of information on where components are and how to fix or replace them.

I have started downloading all the different manuals for the idividual components in .PDF format from the respective manufacturers to keep on my computer for easier access when needed.

Good luck, let us know how it goes...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote