Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2016, 01:02 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Let's keep it on topic and help the OP please.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #22
I Break Everything

This is a tough one. We had a 5th wheel for quite a while and experienced a lot of what you're going through. I talked directly with the factory and it was a horrible experience. They have fix/excuse for everything. I feel for you. Hopefully every thing can be fixed and you can move on. I didn't deal with Forest River it was Keystone. There was no way they were taking anything back. We eventually sold it, but the list of repairs was ungodly: Heater, Inverter, breakers, breaker box, A/C, trim, molding, axels, etc. Most of the repairs took multiple trips to get it right. Good Luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #23

Let FR repair

Drive it to the factory and park it blocking the front entrance. That should get attention from management. Then insist on a meeting with ceo or cfo. Be polite but firm, it's your money they took for a product so they need to make good.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #24

Lemon motorhome

We too had the same experience with our new 2012 Coachman Sportscoach. You won't get anywhere with the lemon law I can tell you for sure. I had a spreadsheet of so many issues. From the first day we brought it home. The problem is working with the dealers they don't have the expertise for your specific coach and they have to go through a lot of red tape to get approval for repairs. I contacted the factory service shop and couldn't have had a better experience. I started off very uspset and reading off the list of issues. Service Mgr. was so nice and said we would love to have you bring your coach in. As we live in NE Ohio and the coach was built in Middlebury IN it was only a 4 hour drive. The techs know how to troubleshoot and make the necessary repairs. They don't have to wait for parts-they just go get them They don't have to deal with back and forth red tape like the dealers do. We had several major components replaced, paint work, trim, counter top was scratched, electrical issues, too many issues to list. All were taken care of to our satisfaction It's a shame that coach ever left the factory the way it was built but at leas everything was fixed/replaced to our satisfaction. GO TO THE FACTORY!!!
zz362p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome