RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #1

Leveling jacks

We pulled into our site and put our jacks down. The site was very unlevel in rear so the tires came off ground we then released all jacks. We were going to manually level it with jacks. Then the jacks would not come down. The lights were on but nothing would happen. We ended up camping with not jacks down. We we started the motor to leave and all of the lights were blinking yellow and the system was beeping. After of driving a few minutes the beeping stopped and the description on left hand side are blinking yellow. We have a 2012 Georgetown 335DS with LCI leveling system. My husband checked fluid and all fuses on inside. Any suggestions of what is wrong? We did not try to push any buttons as I did not want jacks to come down and not be able to get them back up while we were so far from home.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #2
NXR

Can you post a picture of the leveler control panel? There are a lot of different models and a lot of changes over the years.

You did have the engine running and the parking brake set when you tried the second time, right? Our LCI levelers require that.

We never use auto level because it just raises the coach too high, even after I recalibrated it, and it bounces the coach too much as it does its thing. We always use Manual.

Lower the fronts until they just touch, lower them more if needed to get level front-to-rear, then lower the rears until they just touch. Then do the left-right part.

One of the best $150 I spent was for a LevelMatePRO. It's an electronic level. The box mounts inside a cabinet on an outside wall and has a display on my phone. It shows how many inches of blocks we would need on each corner to get level.

When we arrive at a site we look at the LevelMatePRO display and reposition the motorhome to get as level as possible. Since buying that thing I've never had to put blocks under the wheels. One place we were showed we needed 10" of blocks under the rear tires. We moved the motorhome slightly and got almost level but we sure could not tell there was that much of a difference just by looking at the site.

https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec.../dp/B01FGGSWPW

HTH,

Ray
Old 08-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #3

It may be a latched error fault. To clear, push all 4 jack buttons at the same time. Won't hurt.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #4

We did push all 4 leveling jacks and it cleared lights but jacks do not go down. Here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8562F19C-F834-4AFA-931F-A120A0680416.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	237415  
Old 08-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #5
NXR

What lights are lit when you tun the panel on?

In my compartment where the hydraulic pump is (and the house batteries and the Battery Control Center) there is a resettable circuit breaker for the jacks. It does not look like a regular circuit breaker on mine but you can tell it is one because of the heavy cables connected to it.

If you do not hear the pump running when you try to extend the jacks you might want to hunt around for a circuit breaker.

Ray
Old 08-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #6

When mine did this it was a strange looking circuit breaker in battery compartment it kind of looked like a flag hanging down when I pushed it back up inside it came alive. It's a flat black box about 4 in ling 3 inches wide 2/4 thick.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #7

It's referred to as a switch blade circuit breaker. Looks like this. this one is showing the blade (flag) out (circuit breaker open). Some have a red flag. Just push flag back under cover to reset.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	breaker.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	237432  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:07 PM   #8

Oh my goodness!! Thank you everyone!!! Those pictures helped tremendously. It was that flag looking button we had been all through the motorhome looking. My husband even messed with that button by the battery with some cables. He did not even notice that flag piece. So he pushed it up and we now have jacks!! I love all the help. Thank you so much. We also do mostly manual leveling as well. We have problems at sites and wheels come off the ground.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FF595B25-FD58-4715-AF1F-3825B64B12F4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	237435  
Old 08-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Can you post a picture of the leveler control panel? There are a lot of different models and a lot of changes over the years.

You did have the engine running and the parking brake set when you tried the second time, right? Our LCI levelers require that.

We never use auto level because it just raises the coach too high, even after I recalibrated it, and it bounces the coach too much as it does its thing. We always use Manual.

Lower the fronts until they just touch, lower them more if needed to get level front-to-rear, then lower the rears until they just touch. Then do the left-right part.

One of the best $150 I spent was for a LevelMatePRO. It's an electronic level. The box mounts inside a cabinet on an outside wall and has a display on my phone. It shows how many inches of blocks we would need on each corner to get level.

When we arrive at a site we look at the LevelMatePRO display and reposition the motorhome to get as level as possible. Since buying that thing I've never had to put blocks under the wheels. One place we were showed we needed 10" of blocks under the rear tires. We moved the motorhome slightly and got almost level but we sure could not tell there was that much of a difference just by looking at the site.

https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec.../dp/B01FGGSWPW

HTH,

Ray
Thank you so much. We thought we were the only ones that when we auto level the wheels come up. I am giving that link to my husband. It is always nice to hear advice from others.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #10
Btm

Leveling

Camper Couple

I'm glad others were able to help you take care of the problem. I have had my leveler lights flash and system beep one time. After turning everything off and back on, it all worked.

Knowing about the reset is good to know, if I ever have the levelers to stop working. Hopefully I can remember the reset..

After looking at the LevelMatePRO video from the link in NXR's post, I am anxious to get one installed in my M H.

Btm
CHF rear, CHF front, Sumo springs front
Btm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling