Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #1

light bulb replacement

I know this has been covered but I have yet to find the exact answer. I have a 2011, 360 with 4 flat chrome ring glass cover ceiling lights down middle of main cabin. I have one burned out ( I think since other three work). I have tried different pressure on lens and it will not bulge, I hate to sound dumb, but how the hell does it come off to access the bulb, without breaking it? I currently am on the road, 1000 miles from home, also my rocker switch for steps has light out, switch works, can bulb be replaced or new switch need to be installed. Any prompt response appreciated in advance. Thanks to all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ceiling light.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	12386  
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Pictures?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #3

The lens will slide forward to remove.
MO Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Brian View Post
The lens will slide forward to remove.
Is this in the Georgetown? A round lens does not sound like a "slide forward" kind of lens.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Director, FROG

I have similar-looking ceiling lights in my Sportscoach, although with a flat lens. Pressing upward on the chrome ring, and then turning it slightly counter-clockwise removes both the ring and the lens as a single piece in mine. The bulb is a type with two prongs that push straight into the socket. Can't remember the bulb number off the top of my head.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #6

I have the same lights. You need to turn the glass lens counter clockwise. It's not easy.
condo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #7

same in my POS Ridgview, had to have the dealer get them off for me. They are supposed to turn and come off, good luck!
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #8

I have the same lights in my Georgetown and so far 3 out 4 have burnt out in a year. The lens screws out counter clockwise and can be difficult. I only had 1 that would loosen while in the ceiling. If you gently pull down on the outer ring the whole assembly will release from the ceiling as it is held in by spring clips. With it out of the ceiling it is much easier to turn the glass while holding the light assembly. The light is a G4 pin 20 w and you can get them at Lowes or Home Depot
concours14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #9

Thanks to all who contributed. I have tried and cannot get the lens to come off, I run out of warranty while on this trip, but will check with dealer when I get back. If anyone breaks it, let be them. Footnote, I turned 5700 miles on this trip and the motor home is performing very well. Nothing has fallen off this trip, so maybe all is good. Traveled from SC to VT, towing my Saturn, average fuel 7.2, loaded for two weeks, food, water and clothes. I am ok with it except the almost $4.00 gal gas.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
I know this has been covered but I have yet to find the exact answer. I have a 2011, 360 with 4 flat chrome ring glass cover ceiling lights down middle of main cabin. I have one burned out ( I think since other three work). I have tried different pressure on lens and it will not bulge, I hate to sound dumb, but how the hell does it come off to access the bulb, without breaking it? I currently am on the road, 1000 miles from home, also my rocker switch for steps has light out, switch works, can bulb be replaced or new switch need to be installed. Any prompt response appreciated in advance. Thanks to all.
I bought a switch at ACE Hardware that looks exactly like the rocker switch for the steps.
Haven’t had a chance to use it, it’ll be used to MAKE those #@*& steps stay in WHEN I want them to!