Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #1

Light switch for spots over front bed Georgetown 2021 34H5

I can’t find or remember (not an age problem) how to turn the lights above the drop down bunk above driver seat on our 2021 34H5. Grand daughter has joined us and this is our first time use. Thanks

Georgetown 2021 GT5 34H5
DaBull2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:09 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I believe you are referring to the map lights above the driver and passenger chair, correct? If I'm correct then you need to look to the right of the steering wheel and there is a switch labeled Map Lights just right of your hazards switch. Hope this helps
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:50 PM   #3

On my 2018, the switch marked MAP LIGHT only turns on the one above the passenger side. To turn on the one over the driver's side, I have to move the dashboard lights dimmer to the click just past full brightness.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #4
NXR

If it is the map light, be aware that those lights are wired (on our 2020) to the chassis battery, the battery that starts the engine. If you turn those on and forget to turn the map lights off and are parked without generator or shore power, those lights will kill the chassis battery.

I may or may not have done that when we parked at home after a trip...

Ray

PS: You should have a switch labeled Battery Boost. It's spring-loaded and when pressed and held it connects the house batteries and the chassis battery together. The purpose is to allow the house batteries to help start the engine if the chassis battery is dead.

I may have needed it...
Old 04-08-2022, 02:37 PM   #5

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I may or may not have done that when we parked at home after a trip...

I may have needed it...
You have a right to remain silent.

Anything you say or write may (and probably WILL) be used against you in campgrounds everywhere.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:48 PM   #6

Right on. They are map lights. I thought they were reading lights for the bunk bed. Georgetown should have put them on a 3-way switch so they could be used for map lights and reading lights. Thanks for the help.
DaBull2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, switch, light, tow, bed, 2021