Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #1

Lippert Leveling Jacks Not Working

Need some advice. I have 2016 Georgetown 364ts. In my last trip, the site was not leveled properly and my right rear tires were off the ground. I used some underneath the tires but donít think they made any difference. When I tried to auto retract the jacks, they did not retract. I tried the manual retract and that did not work either. I had go to the pump and manually retract them. Then the panel lit up and kept blinking. I read the troubleshooting instruction, pushed all four arrow buttons as instructed and that reset the panel. Now when I turn on the panel it the Jacks Down light is lit, but the jacks are up. I tried to get the jacks down but nothing happens. Not up or down. When I turn on the panel it reads jacks down and the right arrow is flashing. See picture.

I talked to Lippert and they walked me through some troubleshooting but nothing worked. They say if might be the solenoid or some other electrical component. Wondering if anybody has a similar situation that can give me advice. I am getting ready to travel thanksgiving week and desperately need to get this solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	2121
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	156211  
Boricua_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:36 AM   #2

Look for the breaker pictured in the upper right of this picture. It is a flag type breaker that pops out and can be reset. Mine popped once and until I reset it the level system would not work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0212F78A-3B4F-48F2-B7E7-0B6664519EBD.jpg
Views:	2391
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	156216  
Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #3

I did and it was tripped, but it did not fix the issue.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #4

May not be an issue but the trip may have been due to low battery. Set the levelers to OFF, start the engine and do a reset of the system and see if that clears up the issue.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #5

I have a 377, so I’m not sure yours is the same. Look under the steps and see if one of the flag breakers there is tripped. That was the location of the problem with mine. Good luck.
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #6

It was tripped, I reset it, but still does not work. I will test the solenoid next to see if it is that.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua_RVer View Post
It was tripped, I reset it, but still does not work. I will test the solenoid next to see if it is that.

Did you do the 4 button reset on the jack panel after resetting the breaker?
rremde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #8

Hello Boricua_RVer,

While the good folks here were trying to give you hint to fix the problem, I have to deliver to you a bad new because the exact thing did happen to me.

Bought my RV new in July 2016, my model is 2016 GT XL 352QS. All the jacks and slides are hydraulic. On my first tried out camping trip, 100 miles away from home, the jacks and slides did work properly when extended at the campground. However, at the check-out time, all of the jacks and slides were successfully closed, and the LCI panel light shown operation completed. BUT... as soon as I released the parking brake, the control panel flashing "Jack Down". I went outside and checked, all jacks and slides were properly closed. That was when the coach only has 1350 miles on the odometer. Since it was on Sunday, I could not contact anyone for help, I decided to drive home with the "Jack Down" light stays on. During the 100 miles home, the warning beep kicked in every 10 to 15 minutes and the slides gradually extended very slowly. I have to stop a number of times to retract the slide.

When got back home, I contact the LCI, FR and my mobile service guy, they determine that the master valve has some debris inside that prevent the valve to close properly. The pressure in the system must be at least 2500 psi to hold the components in place. Since the valve could not close properly, it caused a slow pressure leak within the valve unit and the pressure could not be held, that is why you got the warning light.

The issue getting worst when FR does not know which model of the valve that they put on my RV since there is no part number stamped on the valve body. I have to take a picture of the valve body and sent to FR, it took them 2 weeks to find the model, then another 2 weeks to have LCI build one, then another week for LCI to send to them before they sent it to me. From the time I found out the problem until the time I could use my RV again was 2 months of lost time.

I sure hope that I was wrong about your jacks issue, but be prepared for the worst.

If your RV is still under warranty, I suggest you contact FR as soon as possible to get this on their record before it becomes your liability.

Note that after the valve was fixed, the unit has been operated flawlessly at least few dozen times and still going strong.

Good luck and keep us posted on your outcome.

Have a wonderful day.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #9
Senior Veteran RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua_RVer View Post
Need some advice. I have 2016 Georgetown 364ts. In my last trip, the site was not leveled properly and my right rear tires were off the ground. I used some underneath the tires but donít think they made any difference. When I tried to auto retract the jacks, they did not retract. I tried the manual retract and that did not work either. I had go to the pump and manually retract them. Then the panel lit up and kept blinking. I read the troubleshooting instruction, pushed all four arrow buttons as instructed and that reset the panel. Now when I turn on the panel it the Jacks Down light is lit, but the jacks are up. I tried to get the jacks down but nothing happens. Not up or down. When I turn on the panel it reads jacks down and the right arrow is flashing. See picture.

I talked to Lippert and they walked me through some troubleshooting but nothing worked. They say if might be the solenoid or some other electrical component. Wondering if anybody has a similar situation that can give me advice. I am getting ready to travel thanksgiving week and desperately need to get this solved.
Looks like the same thing that happened to my 2015 Georgetown 328TS! My system had a bad solenoid valve and it is being repaired this week at the dealer.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #10

I had this same problem last summer in SD. Georgetown 377. Remove the access panel to the coach batteries which is the top step. If you look straight ahead on the frame there are 2 electrical fuses about 2” x 2” square. They are to the left side on the frame of the vehicle. Mine were both tripped and there was a small red plastic lever sticking out to the left. Squeeze both in to reset them. Everything worked as normal after!!!!
There was also a push button on the front of both which did nothing.
This was a big lesson to learn and a big relief to finally figure out what the problem was. I actually found this on a you tube video. Sorry I can’ post a picture as our unit is in storage.
Doug Eichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #11

My jacks stopped working three months ago and since I have replaced the control board teice the master wiring harness the touch pad and then finally the touchpad harness and still no luck. I have talked to every tech person at Lippert more than once and they are very helpful but still no luck

The problem is electric in nature and gremlins or ghosts keep changing it
Low power then no ground then nothing will light up. Biggest problem is Forest River can not help at all. There is now schematic and no standard wire method. It took me two weeks to find the control box.

Any suggestions?
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #12

Ouch! That is not good at all. I’m not much help, I was looking for different operating components when mine quit working. I found that reset of the master breakers on you tube. I know there was a few other videos on there as well regarding leveling jacks. Maybe take a look there!
Doug Eichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #13

Had similar problem with Lippert jacks. System pump starts but then trips breaker after 20 seconds or so. Lippert tells me to disconnect the control valve power connector (black and white wires) then try again. Reset breaker and turned on system. Pump starts up and all jacks retract. Then technical support guy tells me I need a new wiring harness and leveler controller because they updated the design. They sent the parts free of charge. Haven't installed them as yet but hopefully will fix the issue.
Tctooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #14

I will put my to cents in found when I pull my steps straight in front of me on right front wall a 3x4 box with a flag hanging down . When I touch it it moved so I pushed it up inside of box and heard things making sounds like resetting. yep everything back running again.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #15
Senior Veteran RV Owner

As I stated above, my jacks failed too. In the end, Lazy Days had to get replacement parts from Forest River to replace my pump and controller. Jacks now work as advertised! It only took two months to get it done.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #16
Retired Marine

Tripped Breaker

I had this happen yesterday. Telephone tech support from Camping World was helpful, but the pics posted in this thread made the difference. What they told me to look for over the phone, was not where they said and did not look as described. Found the tripped breaker by my coach batteries, reset the red flag and all was good
FMcCue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #17

my was same but flag was black maybe wore off or was older
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 PM   #18

We are in the process of buying a 2015 328TS from Lazy Days. We were supposed to go this weekend, but they found a couple of issues while getting it ready for our arrival.

When manually operating a single jack, several move. They believe itís a faulty controller board. Theyíve ordered a new one, should arrive Monday. Hope that takes care of it. Maybe we can get it next weekend, and all the gremlins will be resolved.

I know this is an old thread, but issues are still happening.
https://www.2manytoyz.com/
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manytoyz View Post
We are in the process of buying a 2015 328TS from Lazy Days. We were supposed to go this weekend, but they found a couple of issues while getting it ready for our arrival.

When manually operating a single jack, several move. They believe it’s a faulty controller board. They’ve ordered a new one, should arrive Monday. Hope that takes care of it. Maybe we can get it next weekend, and all the gremlins will be resolved.

I know this is an old thread, but issues are still happening.
The levelers (jacks) operate in pairs. Cannot raise or lower a single jack. Example: pressing left jack button will extend both front and rear left jacks; pressing front jack button will extend both front jacks and so forth. This is also what happens when auto leveling. Left/right/front/rear jack buttons only extend jacks as mentioned. If in manual mode depressing retract will retract all jacks while the retract button is held depressed. In auto mode depressing and releasing retract will retract all jacks completely.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:56 PM   #20

Thor Hurricane 2012
I had the same problem and this post (plus some others in this forum helped me fix it. This is the summary of my problem and the fix(s)

1) All lights started flashing after trying to auto level which went "crazy". Found this post through google images finding the same control panel that I have.
2) First I manually raised all the jacks (that procedure was in the Thor manual (only tricky part was that it only worked when I screwed in one screw at a time, screwing them all in didn't work, nothing happened).
3) Then I reset the 100 amp circuit breaker, upper right side of the battery compartment with the hydraulic pump.
4) Then I pressed the four buttons (front, back, right, left) at the same time (I must have been doing something wrong because this only worked after the 5th try).
5) Then I was able to press raise jacks
6) Then I went to ACE Hardware and got a bubble level. I'll be manually leveling from now on.

Thanks everyone that helped with your posts.
rwallis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling