Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #1

Location of hot water heater control board 2018 369XL

Anyone know location they mounted the control board for sw10de suburban heater? Good flame not being sensed so it errors out after 3 attempts. Cleaned electrodes, good ground, want to check connections on board. System will stay lit after a half dozen or so attempts, but error out next time there is demand. Elect side works fine, but we have 10 days dry camping coming up and need to get this fickle propane hot water working. Thanks -
Jim
JimSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSt View Post
Anyone know location they mounted the control board for sw10de suburban heater? Good flame not being sensed so it errors out after 3 attempts. Cleaned electrodes, good ground, want to check connections on board. System will stay lit after a half dozen or so attempts, but error out next time there is demand. Elect side works fine, but we have 10 days dry camping coming up and need to get this fickle propane hot water working. Thanks -
Jim
It's a 2018 xl
Old 02-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Is there an access hole from the under side of your rig to get to the bypass taps for winterizing? Look for a 3-4” round access door that unscrews.

Up inside.....I found the wires and followed them to find the motherboard.
It unplugs easily for testing/replacement.

BTW.....can you verify your exact year/make/model of Georgetown again. Your postings show conflicts.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Is there an access hole from the under side of your rig to get to the bypass taps for winterizing? Look for a 3-4” round access door that unscrews.

Up inside.....I found the wires and followed them to find the motherboard.
It unplugs easily for testing/replacement.

BTW.....can you verify your exact year/make/model of Georgetown again. Your postings show conflicts.
New 2018 369XL ...sorry the app died when I posted and didn't proofread my retyping. Thanks, I do have the access port underneath. Controlled just hangs in there (unmounted). 4 pin connector and electrode connection look tight, so figure either the electrode is bad or the board is (not surprising withitjustflopping around in there)
Old 02-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

Great.

BTW.....if you include your make, model, location in your signature, it helps when people are jumping in to help, and you won’t have to repeat lol the time.

Make sure you proof your questions.

Good luck.

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 02-07-2019, 03:31 AM   #6
2018 31L5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSt View Post
Jim
Sounds like the thermocouple needs to be replaced, the part that senses flame present.
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:42 AM   #7

Spiders love to get into the burner tube. Try to clean it out. It is accessible by removing the outside cover.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Spiders love to get into the burner tube. Try to clean it out. It is accessible by removing the outside cover.
JimSt........

Here’s the tube Cavie is talking about. You’ll see some nuts holding it in place. It’s simple to remove to clean.

I’ve also identified the wire which provides the spark to start the flame.

Excuse my penmanship....but these screens are slippery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3EE7F8F8-DF56-4DFA-815D-5FD26F460AB9.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	196342  

Ken and Terry

Tags
hot water, water heater, water, heater, location, cat