Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2022, 11:30 PM   #1

Looking for 2022 GT3 cable diagram.

We just picked up a new 2022 GT3 and would like to hook up our Dish.I tried to hook satellite dish up through cable connection in electric cord bay.I tried with and without amplifier button on and off. I didnít think that would work just gave it a try. So now the only way I can use the tailgater dish is to run cable in through window.

If anyone has a cable diagram for a 2022 GT3 it would be appreciated.

I think I may need to run one cable to the roof for a quick disconnect mount and one to the electric cord bay for tripod mounted dish.
adventure couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #2

What did you connect the sat receiver to? Does your unit have one of these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VCS-3__65204.1492456884.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	282101  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Gt3 coax diagram

Hope the attached COAX DIAGRAM helps?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Coax GT3.pdf (287.8 KB, 25 views)
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
What did you connect the sat receiver to? Does your unit have one of these?
Yes but with cable connected to available connection in power cord bay then tried the input switch that you posted pic of with no luck.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Hope the attached COAX DIAGRAM helps?
If this is the way the OP's GT3 is interconnected there should not have been an issue if he connected the sat receiver to the park cable coax that is currently connected to the selector box. The booster panel has no play whether on or off. A simple A/B switch ($5) (or a specific splitter) would allow either park cable use or sat use with just an A/B switch action. If the OP has the Dish Wally it only has HDMI (direct to TV) or composite video/audio (RCA) outputs (a modulator would have to be used for coax conversion and SD viewing) and then the selector box could be used. Just some thoughts.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
If this is the way the OP's GT3 is interconnected there should not have been an issue if he connected the sat receiver to the park cable coax that is currently connected to the selector box. The booster panel has no play whether on or off. A simple A/B switch ($5) (or a specific splitter) would allow either park cable use or sat use with just an A/B switch action. If the OP has the Dish Wally it only has HDMI (direct to TV) or composite video/audio (RCA) outputs (a modulator would have to be used for coax conversion and SD viewing) and then the selector box could be used. Just some thoughts.
The tv connects to the dish Wally with no issues. The issue is the cable from the connection point in the power bay to the front tv. It does not work for Dish connection between front tv and park cable connection. The park cable connection does work for incoming cable signal but not when tried with Dish incoming signal.
If I run cable directly from Dish to Wally then everything works fine.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:26 PM   #7

[QUOTE=adventure couple;2808541][QUOTE=
The tv connects to the dish Wally with no issues. The issue is the cable from the connection point in the power bay to the front tv. It does not work for Dish connection between front tv and park cable connection. The park cable connection does work for incoming cable signal but not when tried with Dish incoming signal.
If I run cable directly from Dish to Wally then everything works fine.[/QUOTE]

So, you are saying you disconnect the park cable coax from the Movie Vision selector box and connect it to the Wally and the Wally is connected to the TV via HDMI cable and it does not work. If that is the case your cable installation is not the same as the one that is previously posted. There may be a splitter somewhere between the park cable input and the Movie Vision selector box. Have not heard of that but could be.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure couple View Post
We just picked up a new 2022 GT3 and would like to hook up our Dish.I tried to hook satellite dish up through cable connection in electric cord bay.I tried with and without amplifier button on and off. I didnít think that would work just gave it a try. So now the only way I can use the tailgater dish is to run cable in through window.

If anyone has a cable diagram for a 2022 GT3 it would be appreciated.

I think I may need to run one cable to the roof for a quick disconnect mount and one to the electric cord bay for tripod mounted dish.
We have dish sat too for our 5th wheel - behind main tv in living area, there's 2 cable outputs to hook up to - 1 is for the bunny ears from the rv and the other is for cable in from a campground. At 1st we used the campground side input and it did work for a short time. Had a funny nose coming from the sat itself, turns out that the cabling in the rv is NOT mean to be used with these sat setups. You have to direct wire from the sat to the receiver box and be under 50' in cable length without a inline booster.

Before the sat started to act weird, to find out what inputs from the outside area goes to what tv (we have 4) I used a device that powered the coax line and the other end had the receiver with a red light, if that lite up, then that the cable for that area.
2015 RAM 2500 HD 4x4 4DR 6.7L Diesel

jimspencer741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 12:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimspencer741 View Post
We have dish sat too for our 5th wheel - behind main tv in living area, there's 2 cable outputs to hook up to - 1 is for the bunny ears from the rv and the other is for cable in from a campground. At 1st we used the campground side input and it did work for a short time. Had a funny nose coming from the sat itself, turns out that the cabling in the rv is NOT mean to be used with these sat setups. You have to direct wire from the sat to the receiver box and be under 50' in cable length without a inline booster.

Before the sat started to act weird, to find out what inputs from the outside area goes to what tv (we have 4) I used a device that powered the coax line and the other end had the receiver with a red light, if that lite up, then that the cable for that area.
Not applicable.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Not applicable.
HOW?
2015 RAM 2500 HD 4x4 4DR 6.7L Diesel

jimspencer741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 12:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimspencer741 View Post
HOW?
Open the PDF file in post #3
Old 12-12-2022, 01:39 PM   #12

This is just one way to have satellite and still maintain the ability to have park cable if desired. This drawing is not exactly your install but does show the main interconnects to be made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my satellite12.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	282232  

Tags
cable, diagram, ram