Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #1

Main Door Slamming

It got so danged hot here in FL that the door started acting up again. Every time it heats up you have to really slam the door.

DW was not happy and kept threating of wanting to sell the dang thing after all the things that have gone wrong with it. Me, I also get upset that something as expensive as these things are need a lot of work, but every time I fix something I get a sense of accomplishment.

Went out to Wallyworld and got me a file and got rid of the edges that were rubbing against the frame. You can now close the door with one finger.

DW happier now...until the next thing.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #2

Unlatch door easier:

My wife, who is not very tall, has a hard time reaching the door latch on the outside of the coach. For her, it seemed to be difficult to open the latch, sometimes impossible.

It seemed easy to me, at 6'3" I could reach it easily. After three years, it dawned on me that the pressure from the opener was actually pulling against the latch when closed, and making it harder to open.

The solution? WALA: push in on the door slightly before trying to open the latch. The pressure is relieved and the door opens much more easily.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door