Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #1

Main furnace not working.

I have a new to me 2011 Georgetown 378TS and when I attempt to run the front furnace, it makes noise but never does anything else, like put out heat. I'm guessing it's not igniting and the noise if some sort of fan or pump, but not the circulating fan. The aft furnace seems to work and starts up making noise and then starts putting out heat. It actually puts out heat up into the middle of the coach. Anyway, my questions are
Is this something I might be able to troubleshoot/fix?
How do I access this furnace if I attempt to do so?

There is a box under the refer that I don't know the function of, is that part of it?

Thanks for any insight.
Jim.
AverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:47 AM   #2

Usually they get dirt and cobwebs build up in the sail switch that will not let it stay lit/on if it has a restriction to move (which it must)

IT tells itself that it has no air flow if the sial switch doesn't move and make microswitch on in the 1st few minutes of running.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:10 AM   #3

The box under the refer is the aft furnace. The front furnace is under the oven.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Usually they get dirt and cobwebs build up in the sail switch that will not let it stay lit/on if it has a restriction to move (which it must)

IT tells itself that it has no air flow if the sial switch doesn't move and make microswitch on in the 1st few minutes of running.
Unfortunately I'm going to have to remove the furnace to get at the switch. Some units have an access panel to expose the innards. Mine does not.

Thanks everyone,
Jim
Old 11-04-2020, 09:22 AM   #5

Iggy is correct. I have a 2018 that the fan comes on but would not ignite.

There is a micro switch with a blade that senses the fan being on and lets power to the igniter. I removed my switch to check it and there was dust built up that kept the switch from going on. There is probably not more than 15 hours of use on the heater.

I found the fix on youtube. Do some research and there is a tech training manual on line that you can download that explains test procedures.

Fortunately the switch on mine was in the front easy to remove.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G View Post
Iggy is correct. I have a 2018 that the fan comes on but would not ignite.

There is a micro switch with a blade that senses the fan being on and lets power to the igniter. I removed my switch to check it and there was dust built up that kept the switch from going on. There is probably not more than 15 hours of use on the heater.

I found the fix on youtube. Do some research and there is a tech training manual on line that you can download that explains test procedures.

Fortunately the switch on mine was in the front easy to remove.
I've seen some youtube videos. They all make it look easy since they have furnaces that have readily accessible inspection plates. Mine isn't one of those. But I found a video where someone successfully removed his furnace and it's not as hard as I thought it might be.
Thanks,
Jim

Tags
furnace