Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #1

Manual Leveling Procedure

I have to admit that the auto function takes too long and raises the coach more than it should.

I didn't receive a manual for the LCI levelers and I don't know which model it is.

I've read some procedures online where it tells you that once you enter manual mode, you press the front button until the front end is at least 3" off the ground, then the rear until the jacks just touch the ground, you then look for which button is lit and press that one until level. Not sure my system has that option. The last time I leveled it manually I just used a bubble leveler until it was leveled and made sure all jacks were touching the ground.

How are you guys leveling yours with a system similar to ours.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #2

Here you go.
These are the 3 manuals I have and if you print them out you will know everything you ever wanted to know about the Lippert hydraulic system.

If you have any questions after you read let us know.
Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_ALL_maual.pdf (2.68 MB, 241 views)
File Type: pdf 002_electronic-leveling-plus_manual.pdf (1.70 MB, 210 views)
File Type: pdf Manual_Override_leveling_slides.pdf (942.3 KB, 144 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #3

Thanks Iggy, that's exactly what I needed. You know, now that I read the procedure on auto leveling I realized that the green LCI logo never came on after it auto leveled. After auto level stopped moving I always had red LEDs flashing and thought it was normal. Once the snow melts I'm going to have to go out and try it again to see exactly what is doing.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #4

this might help also?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert Levelers Troubleshooting Tips.pdf (806.5 KB, 145 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #5

Thanks bubbles, even better yet.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #6

I couldn't get my levelers up a couple of days ago. No internet or cell service so drove 4 miles to make a call. Back and forth all day with the dealer on the phone. No owners manuals. Finally called Lippert the next morning and he told me about a breaker and how to find. Found it quickly, reset and everything worked fine. Wasted an entire day, but so goes owning an RV! Lol
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
I couldn't get my levelers up a couple of days ago. No internet or cell service so drove 4 miles to make a call. Back and forth all day with the dealer on the phone. No owners manuals. Finally called Lippert the next morning and he told me about a breaker and how to find. Found it quickly, reset and everything worked fine. Wasted an entire day, but so goes owning an RV! Lol
I have had this happen a few times but it was because of low battery voltage. Since then I modifies my steps when leaving camp.
I always leave shore power hooked up bringing in the slides and levelers up.

If your 100 amp DC breaker tripped it would be because of low voltage.
Were you plugged into shore power when all stopped?
Have you checked to see if your charger is charging and your battery levels are OK?
These things will make the breaker trip.
I always have my engine running before raising the levelers as the engine battery controls the control panel.

Just some ideas why it happened.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #8

Where is the breaker?
Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Where is the breaker?
It is a switch blade type breaker and should be located in your battery compartment adjacent to the batteries or battery control center panel. Typically it is a black square breaker with red test button that when pressed the blade will pop out the bottom and is reset by pushing the blade back up into the breaker. This is what I have on my GT378. Think it would be the same. It's the main breaker for the Lippert system.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Where is the breaker?
In battery compartment and looks like this..

You can see it in the upper left hand corner of the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 070.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	46055  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #11

Oh yeah, the latch circuit breaker. I accidentally tripped it one time and had to do the reset/cal procedure. I thought there was another.

Tags
leveling, manual