Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2021, 11:11 AM   #1

Talking More projects accomplished

So I've been "retired" now for about 4 weeks. Initially I started off with a bang getting projects done that had been put off for times sake when I was working.
Weather was not the best so I serviced the bike, oil, valve adjustment, threw on the tires that had been sitting waiting for me to get off my butt. Did a few things around the house, learned how to make oatmeal cookies, cool useable stuff.
This week the weather has been spectacular, at least for winter. Temps in the high 50's low 60's.
I had a few projects I've been wanting to get accomplished pretty much since we bought the coach 3 years ago. First was to get the drivers side hydraulic jack square. Ever since we've owned it that jack has been noticeably out of plumb. Not a little, a LOT out of plumb. I can only figure that the mount was welded at the factory skewed as it isn't bent, nor does it show any sign of repair. Long story short I had an aluminum shim made to to place between the jack and the steel mount. The shim ended up being about 10" long and 8" wide, and started at 7/16 at the top tapering down to nothing at the bottom. (Yeah, it was out that much) Installation was simple enough, clamped it in place, marked the 6 hole locations, drilled, and reinstalled the jack. MUCH BETTER!
The second actually took a bit more time. Our black tank flush has not worked since we've owned it, so it was time to discover why. Reading a thread here on the forum on the location and how to access the assembly on a XL 378, I jumped to the task. Not a particularly hard job, but definitely time consuming, easily taking twice as long as the jack mod. After reaching the "nozzle" sure enough it was filled with material on the inlet side. For some reason I was expecting issues on the tank side, but not the case. I was also expecting to be able to remove it from the tank. Not to be, it is glued, plastic welded, whatever, and is not removable. Using a shop vac, then an air hose and finally the water hose I removed the offending material. Finally using a set of long drill bits I made sure that all 5 of the holes were free and clear. Tested before I reinstalled everything and all seems good.
So now it's install a central vac, a satellite system, or a washer dryer. Pretty sure the "Boss" will go with the Satellite.....
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:27 AM   #2

Your black tank nozzle install is the same as on my 2012 GT378. Because the nozzle is located behind the toilet stand pipe it really didn't spray as designed. When it clogged a few years ago I only wanted to gain access to the tank once and therefore I just took a rod and hammered the spray end out of the nozzle into the tank. Nothing to get clogged again and hasn't.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
So I've been "retired" now for about 4 weeks. Initially I started off with a bang getting projects done that had been put off for times sake when I was working.
Did a few things around the house, learned how to make oatmeal cookies, cool useable stuff.
I retired about a year and a half ago. I found out I enjoy baking oatmeal and peanut butter cookies, banana bread, carrot cakes, and with DW still working part time, packing her lunches and cooking most dinners.

A regular "Suzie Homemaker"!

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
I retired about a year and a half ago. I found out I enjoy baking oatmeal and peanut butter cookies, banana bread, carrot cakes, and with DW still working part time, packing her lunches and cooking most dinners.

A regular "Suzie Homemaker"!

I'm going to have to expand my horizons! I really like peanut butter cookies!
Old 01-06-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

they are super easy! and yummy too
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
they are super easy! and yummy too
LOL! On it!
Old 01-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #7

Good work!
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote