Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #1

My whole floor has to be replaced.....

Ive been at the dealer for 2 weeks for warranty issues, and brought it home Saturday. Opened the Kitchen slide and the linoleum was torn. Long story short, the linoleum was not glued stapled or fastened from the factory and is all bunched up under the slide, and bubbling by the step. The slide has to come out to replace it. Worst part is Im leaving 6/1 for a 3 week trip, so they had to patch the floor with tape so I can use the RV till it gets fixed..........really bad timing
mr.ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Site Team

That sucks fer sure but it's not your FLOOR that needs replaced, just
the floor covering!
Not as bad as it sounds!
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #3

I agree that it is only the floor covering but the fact that the slide needs to be removed makes it a big deal. Hope everything works out well for you!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I agree that it is only the floor covering but the fact that the slide needs to be removed makes it a big deal. Hope everything works out well for you!
to get ti glued correctly on the edges, the slide does need to be pulled out to gain access,
i watched em do it on my last warranty trip to a large coach, they made it look very easy
a few rigging blocks and stands and POP goes the slide
Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #5

We had to have our floor covering replaced before delivery, it was torn by slide. They replaced it okay, but cracked counter top during process. Had to wait for counter top from factory. Lucky it was still winter time. Its all good.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #6

Was at rhe Richmond race a few weeks ago and talked to 2 owners who had to take theirs to the factors and have the entire floors replaces because the floorwould get a bubble in it while driving down the road, theysaid the floor wasnt tongue and groove so it all had to be replaced.
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
Was at rhe Richmond race a few weeks ago and talked to 2 owners who had to take theirs to the factors and have the entire floors replaces because the floorwould get a bubble in it while driving down the road, theysaid the floor wasnt tongue and groove so it all had to be replaced.
Now that's scary to hear. We haven't had any flooring issues. It appears to be securely attached. I can't image not using tongue and groove flooring. I would think if a rather hefty person like myself step on it just right it would push down and possibly distort the floor covering.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote