Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2020, 09:41 AM   #1

Need new main awning for my 2008 Georgetown xl

Hi all,

My awning is shot and I need to replace it. I was told there was a part number under the awning and I can order it from amazon for like $200. Got a 2008 Georgetown xl.

Anyone know the part number and how hard was it to replace? Do I need any additional parts or tools?

Thank you
Old 05-15-2020, 12:50 PM   #2

It appears you have an A&E (Dometic) electric awning. There typically is a part number tag on the right side (looking at motorhome) of the extended awning near the roll-up tube. The key elements are the length and whether there is a weather shield or not. Google A&E (Dometic) awning for web sights and particulars. It's probably a 9100 series awning.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #3

I replaced the awning on my 2004 Georgetown XL about 3 years ago and ordered it from Dyers Rv parts on the internet. I paid about $210. for a 17 foot awning. Pretty easy to install with the help of one other person.
Watch out for the spring tension that rolls the awning up because it can hurt you if it gets triggered. You will also need 1 or 2 step ladders. Also handy can be a length of rope to attach to the end of the awning to help pull it through the tract
Watch a youtube video on how to replace your awning. If you contact Dyers they can help you figure out what you need.
I also used Dyers to replace the main slideout topper and when times comes I'll use them again for my other two slideout toppers.
They do charge a flat rate for shipping of $9.98
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsworld View Post
I replaced the awning on my 2004 Georgetown XL about 3 years ago and ordered it from Dyers Rv parts on the internet. I paid about $210. for a 17 foot awning. Pretty easy to install with the help of one other person.
Watch out for the spring tension that rolls the awning up because it can hurt you if it gets triggered. You will also need 1 or 2 step ladders. Also handy can be a length of rope to attach to the end of the awning to help pull it through the tract
Watch a youtube video on how to replace your awning. If you contact Dyers they can help you figure out what you need.
I also used Dyers to replace the main slideout topper and when times comes I'll use them again for my other two slideout toppers.
They do charge a flat rate for shipping of $9.98

Thank you for your feedback, I'll give them a call as I have not been able to get my son out to go check out the number as my awning will not retract now and is in very poor shape.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
It appears you have an A&E (Dometic) electric awning. There typically is a part number tag on the right side (looking at motorhome) of the extended awning near the roll-up tube. The key elements are the length and whether there is a weather shield or not. Google A&E (Dometic) awning for web sights and particulars. It's probably a 9100 series awning.
It's not electric, but I would love to replace it with an electric one, but people tell me it's expensive.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
It's not electric, but I would love to replace it with an electric one, but people tell me it's expensive.
I was going by some pictures I pulled up of units like yours. The manual A&E is probably an 8500 series.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #7

I changed a manual awning with a power kit. Check this out:
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC434724.html

Have Fun!!!
Tax_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:07 PM   #8

I just ripped the rear awning arm off the Beast when backing it into the driveway. There go my attaboys.
Dave Bulkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #9
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbulkley View Post
I just ripped the rear awning arm off the Beast when backing it into the driveway. There go my attaboys.
I guess if you're missing your attaboys that much we could give you plenty. Just tell us where to send them.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:54 PM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
The electric Solera awnings we have are not very useful because they only go straight out. There's no way to tilt them down like a manual awning can do (and some electrics). They're also so high in the air we can't reach them if we would want to hang a sun screen from the awning to the ground.

The ones on the Berkshire look more useful.

Ray

Tags
awning, georgetown