Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 09:29 PM   #41

Any luck with the pics?
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:45 AM   #42
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
Picked it up today. Yay! It's been in the shop for two months now. From everything I can tell, the slide works like it should--nice and smooth, no bumps or grinding noises. I did notice some damage on the underside of the slide "box." The repair guy said that the rollers were in the wrong place before (or maybe they tried a new location and put them back) and the rollers crushed in a small area of the under-side on the slide. It looks like a 3"x3" square area that has some damage (it's about 1/32" deep). They took pictures and will submit for further waranty repair (body damage essentially). I went ahead and accepted the coach for now figuring that it's not structural and not deep enough to let water in. They did a bunch of other repairs--I'm happy with the work. Once I get some time this weekend, I'll update my post on the 364 mods thread with pictures.
Here are the pictures of the damage to the bottom of the rear bedroom slide-out, taken with me kneeling underneath the slide looking up. There are three rollers holding up the slide and these are pictures of the rollers at the front end (roller on the left) and back end (roller on the right). The other marks are water spots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Roller.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	103982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Roller.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	103983  
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #43

Thank you so much for sharing these.

I assume it was one of these rollers that was recessed a little more to make them even?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #44
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I had started a new thread on a slide issue, but has gone unnoticed or there is no feed back to be had. My bunk slide wouldn't go out, without a lot of noise and cracking sounds, when we got back from FL on Sunday. Slide has worked flawless prior. The plastic wire track doesn't want to follow up the wall as it should. Nothing appears to be broke. Anyone have experience with track issues?
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #45
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
Thank you so much for sharing these.

I assume it was one of these rollers that was recessed a little more to make them even?

Thanks!
Think latterally--the slide is all the way out and the two pictures show the far left and far right side rollers with the slide coming out towards the viewer. At one point the rollers were positioned towards the center of the slider and for some reason (reinforcement above the rollers, too tight of a fit) the weight of the slide hitting the rollers caused the rollers to crush into the slider. The repair order mentioned that the rollers were re-positioned and I'm assuming that would mean that they moved the front roller further towards the front of the coach and they moved the back roller towards the rear of the coach.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #46
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I had started a new thread on a slide issue, but has gone unnoticed or there is no feed back to be had. My bunk slide wouldn't go out, without a lot of noise and cracking sounds, when we got back from FL on Sunday. Slide has worked flawless prior. The plastic wire track doesn't want to follow up the wall as it should. Nothing appears to be broke. Anyone have experience with track issues?
No problems that I've noticed with this.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My track appears to bind up now instead of climbing the wall like it should. I'm working on a fix that hopefully will work.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman_57 View Post
Think latterally--the slide is all the way out and the two pictures show the far left and far right side rollers with the slide coming out towards the viewer. At one point the rollers were positioned towards the center of the slider and for some reason (reinforcement above the rollers, too tight of a fit) the weight of the slide hitting the rollers caused the rollers to crush into the slider. The repair order mentioned that the rollers were re-positioned and I'm assuming that would mean that they moved the front roller further towards the front of the coach and they moved the back roller towards the rear of the coach.
I get it now, so they may have moved the outside rollers closer to the edges of the slide. It sounds like the main issue was fixed when they recessed one of the inside rollers and retensioned the cables to eliminate the bump.

Is that correct?
Old 04-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #49
toolman_57

Think so. Not sure about the inside rollers--are there more rollers than the three I can see from the outside (mounted to the bottom of the slider "door" frame)?
Old 04-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #50

So has anyone been able to fix this on their own without a dealer involved.. Will it cause serious damage or cause the slide not to function.. I am asking after our dealership experience.. Their cure was to put velcro starps on to hold the bed hatch down.. We are talking about as dumb as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #51
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
So has anyone been able to fix this on their own without a dealer involved.. Will it cause serious damage or cause the slide not to function.. I am asking after our dealership experience.. Their cure was to put velcro starps on to hold the bed hatch down.. We are talking about as dumb as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The thread has a couple topics in it now--I'm assuming you're talking about the bed slide-out. As I mentioned previously, this has taken me 3 trips to 2 different dealers to get to this point. The slide seems to be working great now (need to get the cosmetic damage fixed though). It appears to be due to three things:
1. Rollers not properly positioned/installed
2. Floor support above the rollers not sufficient
3. Improper slide-out cable adjustment

If you look earlier in the thread I posted the repair order from the dealer and it looks like quite a job, that would require removing a bunch of panels just to get to the cable adjustment, let alone figuring a way to move/reinforce the rollers without pulling the slide all the way out. It looks like they remove the entire bed box to get to where they can work on the rollers. Since this was the second try for my dealer (Safford RV in VA), I think they must have learned some things from working on other similar issues. Their first attempt was last summer.

The dealer in Sacramento sawed off the bottom of the bed box to reduce the amount of rubbing on the linoleum. They took the bed box apart and played around with it but didn't seem to get it right either (since it was still bumping and ended up damaging the linoleum again).

If you could get the factory folks to help (Travis or Rod) work with your dealer or find you a better one, I think that would be the best way to solve it.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #52

I guess we will just hope it dont get any worse.. Ours does not hit the floor so that is good.. I would not want them to tear our coach apart and it dont sound like something I would want to tackle myself
Old 02-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #53

I had the exact same issue on a new 2017 Georgetown 364TS. Had it repaired at truck service place in Orlando. Sent pictures and bill of $188 to FR and was reimbursed.
Amazing this type of issue is on multiple units.
roberts1735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #54
toolman_57

I'm still dealing with this issue. My last two rounds of repairs (still doing it under warranty) ended with the dealer installing metal plates on the bottom of all the slide-outs (repair 1)--this was because all my slide outs were showing some damage where they ride on the rollers. The rollers now contact the metal plates instead of the laminate.

My previously fixed, smooth rear slider started bouncing again--so I took it back for another repair cycle. They extended the metal plates but said they couldn't get in there for one continuous plate for each roller. So there's a "catch" about one foot before full retraction--the "seam" between the plates. The dealer said that this won't hurt anything. I'm not convinced--deciding what to do next. It's pretty frustrating.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #55

I finally have ours in the shop for this issue and a few other nagging issues that we found in the 1st year. I should have it back this week and will post what they did (if different from the others who have had this problem). FR is aware of it, so it should be covered for those of us having the problem.
Wesepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #56

Sorry my post from 2/9/17 was related to the stairs where the metal part of the chassis was bent and had to be welded again.

As far as the slide bumping issue just got my unit back from dealer and they fixed the frayed cable and moved the hole in the floor where the wire was closer to the outside wall of slide about a foot. The slide still bumps and they did not have a solution for that. They said they added some support under the plywood but i sense that was to keep the wire from getting frayed.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #57

One other note... Not sure if this is related but the frayed cable under the bed was discovered when trying to isolate a problem with the bed slide not working. Was stuck at a campsite trying to get to dealer for other issue. Could not get bed slide to come in.
The dealer at NIRVC.com in Lawrenceville, GA came out on Superboal Sunday and was able to access the slide motor above the bed behind an access panel and use a drill to manually bring in the bed. These guys are great!

Not sure if the frayed cable contributed to the slide motor going bad or not. All is working fine after motor replacement and cable repair.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #58

My Fix

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ix-112538.html
Old 02-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #59

My 2015 364TS is at the factory now having the bed slide repaired after tirelessly dealing with the uninterested local dealers in my area to no avail, the factory agreed to take it in. Been gone a month now, fingers crossed it will come back correct. Interesting that Forest River has discontinued manufacturing the 364TS already after only 2 years in production. and the new model Georgetown 5 Series 36B5 is the replacement with the same floor plan with the most noticeable difference being a redesigned bed slide. The slide itself is not as deep, the bed box doesn't slide so there is much less storage underneath, in fact there is only a drawer. The other major difference is there is no Washer/Dryer closet yet. The factory Rep said they are still working on that. We saw this unit at the Florida RV Supershow in Tampa mid Jan. It appears the only new 364TS's out there are current on hand dealer stock. We love our 364, and hopefully will come back to us better than it left. The other major issue we were having was a leak in the dinette window. Couldn't find where it was coming from, even tried putting silicone across the top of the window but that didn't do anything. We were getting rusting looking water coming in that stained the blinds something awful. Hopefully the factory will find and resolve the issue and replace the blinds while they are at it. It is getting very frustrating not being able to plan any camping right now, the calendar is a big question mark, so have been trying to knock out some of the items on the house honey do list so when the unit gets back we can hit the road...

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #60

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 GT5.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	129844
See how the bed slide has been re-engineered? Obviously there have been a lot of issues. Curious to know how many 364TS's were produced between 2015-17, any idea how we can find out?

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide