Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
NXR

New 2021 34H5 3D video posted!

Thanks to NormS for the the pointer to the new video for the 2021 34H5 3D video at https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=botexFXmVgj

There are some seriously nice upgrades compared to the 2020.0 we have:

New cabinetry trim and doors. I really like the metallic trim insert.

New valance pattern.

A way new cockpit including an angled display, which has radio/camera that looks different from the Jensen XRV10 we have, a new, maybe actually usable, "desk" on the passenger side, cloth insets in the two seats up front, better switch placements for the driver, etc. And of course, the new V8 engine and stock larger sway bars.

It looks like there may be three drawers in pantry section next to the fridge? Our 2020 34H5 pantry door tops are set lower than the fridge top and above the fridge bottom. I always though FR could move the top pantry up parallel with the top of the fridge, the bottom one down parallel with the bottom of the fridge, and put a small drawer between the two pantry doors. But maybe they just added a third drawer in each one; there has to be a reason for the pantry door change.

Different floor linoleum.

Different countertops.

Some kind of gadget on the slanted wall to the rear of the main TV. It looks like maybe a clock or temperature gauge? See the attached picture.

Different propane leak detector.

Different bedding. It no longer looks something from .... well, if you have the old style, you know.

It looks like the bedroom outlets may have been moved from very near the floor to the wall by the USB outlets. The bed USB outlets have been moved up several inches as well. I think the USB outlets would be better inside or on the rear edge of the nightstands because you can still bump them at night.

FYI, I did change my overhead LED lights from 4,000 degree Kelvin lights to 3,000 degree Kelvin lights and we like the softer, less glaring light the new ones produce.

There's also some new square box on the ceiling above the main TV area? I have no idea what that is. See the attached picture.

Looks like a new screen door and main door latch as well.

The ceiling fan in the main living area looks like it's now a MaxxAir unit like I had retrofitted. The one in the half-bath still looks like the cheapo crank-up one as is the one on the rear bath. The one in the rear bath really needs to be updated to the MaxxAir unit as well to provide "just enough" air movement to exhaust humidity while taking a shower, though.

New stove backsplash.

Magic Chef microwave instead of a Furrion, although that may be because we have the microwave/convection unit.

Pretty nice.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34H5 stuff.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	243714  
Old 11-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #2

I hope it is a better quality build than our 2019 is!!!
pojoGTH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:33 PM   #3

That square thing on the ceiling is a Winegard connect WiFi extender

https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2

I’ve got one on my new 5er.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs325RES View Post
That square thing on the ceiling is a Winegard connect WiFi extender

https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2

I’ve got one on my new 5er.
Thanks!

Wow, those plans seem awful expensive. I'm currently paying $50/month for the FMCA Sprint unlimited data, unthrottled data service. In metro areas it works well but can be spotty in semi-rural areas. I'm thinking about adding a MiMo antenna to the Mifi 8000 hotspot.

We burn about 4 to 5 GB of data each day with streaming so I'd burn through their "Best Value! $59 / 10 GB / 30 days" in two days.

Ray