RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,882
New 2021 GT5 with new colors and front lights and cap.

I just received a picture of the new 2021 FT5 Ruby color scheme.
The 2021 GT3 and GT5 are taller and look at the new front lights and cap.
More pictures coming soon.
These are rolling off the line now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_Ruby FBP.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	243928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown-5-Series-34H5-11252020_154714.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	243930  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Graghics and Full Body Paints GT3's and GT5's.pdf (863.0 KB, 139 views)
__________________
By All
No longer a member here.
Dec 12, 2020
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I just received a picture of the new 2021 FR5 Ruby color scheme.
The 2021 FR3 and FR5 are taller and look at the new front lights and cap.
More pictures coming soon.
These are rolling off the line now.
FR5? I assume you meant GT5, or is there now an FR5?
__________________
2020 Sunseeker 2440DS on 2019 Ford E-450, Trekker cap, Topaz paint
BehindBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:02 PM   #3
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Family room couch
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I just received a picture of the new 2021 FT5 Ruby color scheme.
The 2021 GT3 and GT5 are taller and look at the new front lights and cap.
More pictures coming soon.
These are rolling off the line now.

Whoa, that is a great paint job. Forest River seems to have really stepped up their game with the 2021.

I wonder what I can get for my 2020?

I'm not sure why they think taller is better, though. Maybe more storage space underneath? We're 12'6" so they can't go much taller.

Ray
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:13 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Dodge Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,357
That paint scheme is too much! Way to busy looking. Needs to be dialed back a little bit. Not sure on the front cap, Ned to see a better view of it.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL 350TS, Hellwig front/rear sway bars, Sumo Springs, Blue OX True Center steering damper
2013 Ford Explorer LTD toad, Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP><Tow Brake

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Whoa, that is a great paint job. Forest River seems to have really stepped up their game with the 2021.

I wonder what I can get for my 2020?

I'm not sure why they think taller is better, though. Maybe more storage space underneath? We're 12'6" so they can't go much taller.

Ray
Yes taller for more lower storage space.
__________________
By All
No longer a member here.
Dec 12, 2020
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
That paint scheme is too much! Way to busy looking. Needs to be dialed back a little bit. Not sure on the front cap, Ned to see a better view of it.
I just think they are standardizing the whole GT 3,5, and 7 line so they don't have different stuff.
__________________
By All
No longer a member here.
Dec 12, 2020
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,478
That FBP design looks good! Get the swirls while you can. I suspect the trend is toward straight line and less colorful patterns in the near future.
__________________
2020 Sunseeker 2440DS on 2019 Ford E-450, Trekker cap, Topaz paint
BehindBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
FR3 Division
 
Michael Hums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 50
The overall height is the same, that did not change, we just leveled out the interior portion of the ceilings. The exterior is the same profile & height, that did not change.
Michael Hums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #9
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes taller for more lower storage space.
Iggy,

Last year we increased our basement storage by almost 25% on ALL Georgetown models. We were able to add almost 3.5" to the height of each bay and we made each door wider as well. As Mhums stated we didn't change the overall height just flatted out the interior ceilings. Hope this helps!
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Iggy,

Last year we increased our basement storage by almost 25% on ALL Georgetown models. We were able to add almost 3.5" to the height of each bay and we made each door wider as well. As Mhums stated we didn't change the overall height just flatted out the interior ceilings. Hope this helps!
LOL
We keep running into each other my friend.
Just replied to your last email and writing an email to Tony in Texas shortly.
Don't have to seel me I'm already sold. lol
__________________
By All
No longer a member here.
Dec 12, 2020
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
camaraderie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,537
I really like both the paint job and the clean, modern interior & I like the treatment of the passenger & driver spaces and accessibility of stuff while driving. Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing the new layouts & more pix of the lineup.
__________________
________
Cam
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,882
Here is some more info on the 2021 GT5 not sur eif the GT3 gets these.
Some of this may be in other years but its nice to see more data about each.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-01 132649.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	244008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-01 134645.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	244009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-01 132832.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	244010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-01 132902.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	244011  
__________________
By All
No longer a member here.
Dec 12, 2020
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #13
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Family room couch
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hums View Post
The overall height is the same, that did not change, we just leveled out the interior portion of the ceilings. The exterior is the same profile & height, that did not change.
"Leveled out" as in the ceiling is no longer arched?

I thought our was spec'd at 12' 6" and the later ones were 12' 9".

Ray
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #14
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Family room couch
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Iggy,

Last year we increased our basement storage by almost 25% on ALL Georgetown models. We were able to add almost 3.5" to the height of each bay and we made each door wider as well. As Mhums stated we didn't change the overall height just flatted out the interior ceilings. Hope this helps!
By "last year" do you mean the 2020.5 models? Because we have a 2020.0 model (build May 2019).

Ray
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:08 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 119
Dodge Guy,

i would have to agree, more swirl is not always better. way to busy for me.
wnewman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:41 PM   #16
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Family room couch
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewman53 View Post
Dodge Guy,

i would have to agree, more swirl is not always better. way to busy for me.
No way! It reminds me of snow skiing down a curvy mountain.

Of course, I'm writing this from SW Florida in December...

Ray
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #17
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 31
Iggy,


Just wanted to clear up about our Solar / WIFI. Yes, it's now standard on all Georgetown floor plans! Hope this helps
Cdefrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:40 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
We have a 2021 GT5 on order but I'm getting worried based on some of what I've read about the previous 2 years of this unit...also not sure what to think of the new fabric on the dinette, couch, and driver's and passenger's chairs. It's not leather but maybe that will be better in the long run? Currently the "leather" in our 2013 Sunseeker 3170 DS has peeled so badly there's more foam exposed than "leather"...any insight would be so appreciated!
Cmitchell40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #19
NXR
Senior Member
 
NXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Family room couch
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmitchell40 View Post
We have a 2021 GT5 on order but I'm getting worried based on some of what I've read about the previous 2 years of this unit...also not sure what to think of the new fabric on the dinette, couch, and driver's and passenger's chairs. It's not leather but maybe that will be better in the long run? Currently the "leather" in our 2013 Sunseeker 3170 DS has peeled so badly there's more foam exposed than "leather"...any insight would be so appreciated!
So far, on our 1.5 year-old 2020 GT5, the "non-leather" upholstery has held up very well. We have about 180 days of actual usage and, so far, have no upholstery damage.

I do get concerned about the dinette benches because that seam that runs about 1/3rd of the way through it has a lot of stress when someone is sitting on them but, so far, nothing has torn or ripped loose.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette bench seat seam.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	837.2 KB
ID:	244147  
__________________
2020 Georgetown GT5 34H5
NXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,882
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdefrees View Post
Iggy,


Just wanted to clear up about our Solar / WIFI. Yes, it's now standard on all Georgetown floor plans! Hope this helps
Thank you.
__________________
By All
No longer a member here.
Dec 12, 2020
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.