Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #1

New Mattress

Hello Forum,
We are looking to replace our mattress in our Georgetown and are having a problem locating one the right size. The Mattress that came with the coach is 72 x 74. It's an odd size and nobody including Camping World has that size. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do?
I would really appreciate help in this as it get very tiresome basically sleeping on a board.
Thanks again for all your help.
Dick
RLFarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #2

There are a couple matress stores that build matresses. I asked them once if they could make one to a RV specifications and they said they do it quite a bit so I'd check with them. The one we have in town is called Verlo.
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #3

You might look at www.mattressinsider.com. We purchased a memory foam mattress to replace the one in our travel trailer. We have been very pleased. Their website says they can do any shape or size. Good luck.
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Is the measurement you gave the actual mattress or the support under it? FR website shows a 72" X 80" King. Could a new mattress overhang the support without hitting the wardrobe closets when the slide is in. 72 x 80 is probably a more common size for an RV Mattress. We replaced ours with a Sleep Number Mattress. The original was like trying to sleep on a spring.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #5

Thanks Paul.
I went to the website and found what I needed. They had a great selection to choose from. All different sizes.
Thanks again. That's why this forum is so good.
Dick
RLFarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #6

Savvy Rest makes Latex mattresses specifically designed for RV's. I purchased a bed from them for home, and as soon as our mattress we have in the motorhome dies, I will be purchasing a latex mattress from them. Latex is meant to be on a platform, so no worries there, and I can attest to the fact that after you experiment, which they allow, and find the right combination, all pressure points disappear. My lower back pain is here to stay forever, but shoulders and hips sing a happy song every morning. On the spendy side, but I finally came to realize my well being is worth a bit more than the few hundred bucks I usually pay for a mattress I hate.
chilibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #7

Our GT needed a mattress upgrade. We knew it was a queen, so we went to a mattress store and bought one. Upon installation of the mattress we figgered out right quick it was too long..!! There is a queen size and a "short" queen used in RVs. Sold that one to bro-n-law for their Bounder. Got one from Camping World that had tons of positive reviews. Came shrunk up in a box, sorta vacuum packed. Carefully cut open the plastic wrap and "SPROOOIIIIINNNGGG", like a military life raft, it was a full length RV queen mattress. I highly recommend this mattress. It was about $300.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd-ford-hd
Our GT needed a mattress upgrade. We knew it was a queen, so we went to a mattress store and bought one. Upon installation of the mattress we figgered out right quick it was too long..!! There is a queen size and a "short" queen used in RVs. Sold that one to bro-n-law for their Bounder. Got one from Camping World that had tons of positive reviews. Came shrunk up in a box, sorta vacuum packed. Carefully cut open the plastic wrap and "SPROOOIIIIINNNGGG", like a military life raft, it was a full length RV queen mattress. I highly recommend this mattress. It was about $300.
We were just talking about this last night , my boss ordered the same one!
Cut the plastic and boing!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLFarrell View Post
Hello Forum,
We are looking to replace our mattress in our Georgetown and are having a problem locating one the right size. The Mattress that came with the coach is 72 x 74. It's an odd size and nobody including Camping World has that size. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do?
I would really appreciate help in this as it get very tiresome basically sleeping on a board.
Thanks again for all your help.
Dick
We have a mattress exactly the same size in our Surveyor. We had a custom sized mattress made for us by The Original Mattress Factory. Works great. Very affordable.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote